Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All, New Avensis Tourer Owner (To Be)

Trevzed

Hi all, new to this forum as currently a 350z owner and sometime forum member. New daughter means new family car so decided on Avensis tourer 24d 2012 MY. Test drove last weekend and impressed with equipment and general ride and safety (T4 model). However as used to my zed (and wifes 150bhp TDI golf) bit disappointed with performance (although great mpg). Anyone familiar with this car? Worth chipping and if so who? Also what colour do folk recommend (i like dacuma grey and wife likes deep titanium)?

Many thanks all

T

Hi & welcome to the forum. :)

You can only fit piggyback boxes as no one has cracked the Denso ECU encryption.

Tunit & those supplied by Lindop Toyota (Parts-King on this forum) seem the favoured ones.

Midlothian, where are you buying?

Hi Heid,

buying from western edinburgh (cameron toll, or planning to unless advised otherwise). Any idea if gains from chipping perceptible or not?

Thanks for welcome

T

don't know about Cameron Toll but I've always been happy with Western @ Sighthill.

No doubt Mistermena will be along shortly extolling the virtue of chipping (mpg & power/torque) albeit he has a T180 that you can't get on the new model Avensis.

When I looked into it the increased insurance cost negated any fuel saving cost (I don't do a lot of miles these days)..

You can also get a pedal box that doesn't change power etc. but alters the response curve (standard cars are slow off the line).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links