Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluespark Fitted

Aggo

Funny how nobody is able to give any Dyno results for this Bluespark kit innit?

Almost as funny as how long it took YOU to print dynos out for your product - which has been out an awful lot longer Kingo!

Ye cos it's a lot of money for one of kingos chips and bluespark is cheaper but no one will dyno the car and bluespark haven't got dyno readouts attached to it's product fir the Auris but does a lot of it's other chips

if anything a screen shot off a graph or a print out may disappoint! - that's what happened to me with my previous diesel car.

I bought a digital tuning kit for it and it was really good. I could feel the extra torque and 'power'. All in all i was really impressed! That was until I put it on the dyno... I was told that the kit I had was cheap (it was a dragon digital tuning kit) and may do damage to my fuel pump. Needless to say I quickly wiped the dyno event out my head and continued to use the kit!

The kit was adjustable, and also connected to my battery to power it.

The car was a 2004 Megane 1.9dCi 120

Standard power: 120hp and 221 ft-ib torque.

Dyno'ed standard: 122hp and 240 ft-ib torque (can't find the image to upload sorry)

Dyno'ed with kit: 126hp and 260 ft-ib torque (as attached)

rolling road.JPG

I want to point out that I am only sharing my experience. I'm not saying or have an opinion on the current tuning kits being discussed on here!

A printout from a Dyno will give so much info on the quality of a map. Especially if it shows AFR inlet temps etc. A decent mapper will be able to tell you if things are wrong or right from just looking at it. The fact yours was rubbish says 2 things to me.

1, it doesn't work

2, it will eventually do damage to your engine/drivetrain.

I personally have never bought a tuning box, always had live mapping sessions done on all my cars. Since owning the Auris though I have realised this is not really an option. I will eventually order a tuning box....but it will only be one that is backed up by Dyno results and a reviews. Eg Lindop tuning box

Beags, you cannot prove what your kit does, I can, when you produce a dyno of your Bluespark we can then make an informed decision, until such time we shall assume a similar scenario to JON35Y where his kit only produced 20 Nm extra torque. That kit probably only overfuelled the car, which is a recipe for disaster when fitted long term and best removed as he did. Your anecdotal evidence alone is not sufficiently factual for people to buy the product

Beags, you cannot prove what your kit does, I can, when you produce a dyno of your Bluespark we can then make an informed decision, until such time we shall assume a similar scenario to JON35Y where his kit only produced 20 Nm extra torque. That kit probably only overfuelled the car, which is a recipe for disaster when fitted long term and best removed as he did. Your anecdotal evidence alone is not sufficiently factual for people to buy the product

I would Just like to point out it was not me who had that cheap box. I quoted it from earlier in the thread. May be me not posting correctly? Was just trying to point out that I would never buy a box without evidence!

Apologies, that box made 20nm of torque and 4bhp, :lol: as you say, best left alone if you cannot prove any benefits

Apologies, that box made 20nm of torque and 4bhp, :lol: as you say, best left alone if you cannot prove any benefits

My fault! Don't know how to use this forum yet! I can't understand why people just fall for it....unless it's black and white I won't believe it!

It's all about being informed, I've no problem with anecdotal evidence but you cannot make recommendations based on that alone, especially when the figures quoted are a teensy bit over egged :lol:

I'm the same don't want to lay out for something that is only use is a paperweight rather than an actual improvement that's why I would want to see dyno results on the product listings or people who have the kit putting up dyno results

Agreed, think we might be waiting some time for the Bluespark dyno, it's been months coming already........"tumblweeds"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi i was thinking getting chip for my 2.0 d4d tr is this similar engine to yours and what gains in bhp are you getting with chip and exaust ect blue spark the chip you recomend if so where can i get one from?

not dyno'd yet but definitely a difference.

try bluespark?

How do you know what the chip is doing to your car in the long term ?

How do you know what any of them are doing to your car long term, I only want to be keeping the car for 2 years maximum, the £225 I saved buying my chip rather than others warrants the risk of something may be possibly going wrong may be...... Which it may also work just as good or better for longer than the rest possibly may be, it's a grey area!

well good or bad lot people are fitting them from what I read some for power some for economy which ever you pick its always a risk but it would be nice to see one with switch to turn on and off so this would reduce risk or that's how I see it. would these chip boxes increase carbon deposits or reduce them because if reduce them it may even help protect head gasket life it is as Aggo says bit of grey area kingo I think is trying get more info on one of these systems i did get told on corolla site that there is a Toyota version of chip box but haven't been able to find any info on this to prove if true

the cheaper boxes may just overfuel so imo would increase carbon.

When TTE existed they did do chip boxes but TTE is no more (at least in that form, now Toyota Motorsport GmbH).

ok Heidfirst thanks it says its blue spark on the add that's what most people seem to be talking about that's why i picked that one and i have heard of tte through corolla ownership but didn't know they where finished or re named so is this box on eBay the blue spark that most are talking about or is there another one if so do you know there web site

There are 2 bluespark chips the one on eBay is the c r tech one which is the eco type chip and the bluespark pro is the more expensive one that everyone buys ...

But they don't sell it on eBay

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Whatever unit you go for, go for one that adjusts fuel AND boost pressure. The Bluespark blurb is a bit unclear on this. It says

The Pro unit is also available with additional boost control on some vehicles

Ask the question and if it doesn't..........move on!

There should be no increase in emissions on any decent kit, the problem is there are tons of these kits coming in from China and are pure carp, you think you are getting a deal, but inside the box there are a few cheap resistors, they use PC connectors that are expected to be used on a PC in your house and not under the bonnet on a vehicle in a British winter.

thanks Parts-King do you know where to purchase these and how much they go for ?

strangely enough if you Google bluespark they are the no.1 search result ... :P

ok bud thanks I use yahoo rather than google but will take a look

The Bluespark is not an overfuelling type cheapo chip. It adjusts fuelling, air and timing....and having fitted mine for 3 months I can safely say the difference is superb. Whereas the standard car gives you a huge lump between 2 and 4K RPM, the car now pulls nicely from about 1600 right up to 4500. In 6th at 70mph, put your foot down and power is there to overtake, without having to change down.

I will be getting a dyno print out...bear with me....These things take time.

I'm guessing you have the bluespark pro then ... Also did you have to specify for a 6 pin or 3 pin connector

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links