Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newpb Intro

Rusty Spanners

Hi all, as requested making newb intro post, nothing exciting to report or offer. owned this van from new and the second one in succession due to being darned near bullet proof.

but need urgently the wiring diagram for a 2004 hiace power van turbo diesel 2400 engine

i've lost all side lights and number plate lights. checked all the fuses with a meter in all three fuse boxes, any ideas i'd be very grateful as this is my business vehicle so obviously i'm not earning money until it is fixed.

Alan

Could it be a broken earth lead

Thanks for posting, really appreciated.

Thats definitely not impossible, but where to look for this earth point? usually i have found vehicle lighting is separated on the 'hot' side via fuses into left and right, including number plate illumination (when their are two bulbs).

tbh, having sat down and pondered a little more, with above separation in mind, i'm beginning to suspect perhaps it is actually the light switch side light position on the stalk has failed?

logic decree's by default it is the most used position, and given headlights, cab etc are all working.

before i delve into that (now having eaten and quaffed some very nice wine left over from my birthday ;) ) i'd just like assurance theres not another obtuse fuse hidden away somewhere, and if possible which fuse in which box actually supplies the side and number plate lights?

The owners manual is all but useless in this, only showing the location of three fuse boxes, not what each fuse actually protects. the legend inside the lids just as effective at being very non-informative :(.

Alan

After looking last night, the switch i think is not the issue, when turned to side lights i hear a relay click, also if ignition is off without key in and driver door open i get the lights on warning beeper.

So now guessing its a relay, going to phone main agents today to see if they can/will tell me which one.

If the relay clicks when energised, it's probably not faulty.

Headlights are usually split left/right for safety and due to the load, other lights generally aren't. Anything else not working?

If the relay clicks when energised, it's probably not faulty.

Headlights are usually split left/right for safety and due to the load, other lights generally aren't. Anything else not working?

Many thanks for the info, as far as i can tell it is only side front and rear and number plate lights, interior and headlights are fine but without a diagram i'm fishing in the dark tracing anything.

The advert for manuals on this site don't cover my vans year, i bought a down load of another site but it is near useless, reams of pdf's with no meaningful reference or index, i'm left trying each one, but there are hundreds :(.

My thinking is if the relay contacts have failed, it could be clicking but not pass any current, i also wonder if more than one relay is controlled on the side light switch position, if so the one i need might be faulty but masked by another relay actuating?

In my time i've worked as a service engineer on several alarm companies security systems for many years, and have run my own small business for 25 years, developed a practiced 'divide and conquer' approach to fault tracing, but it is very vexing guessing without any diagram where it is hard to physically trace the cables, that i can certainly vouch for grrrrrrh! but hey ho :).

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links