Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Washer Jet Not Working

niborsnommis

My wife and I have just bought a 2003 Avensis 1.8 vvt-i T3-x Estate, having just replaced the rear wiper blade, I discovered the washer is not working, most likely blocked, but I cannot see where the washer knozzle is, anyone got any idea, I can hear the washer motor operating but no water is coming out onto the rear screen!

Here is a diagram of the complete rear washer system:- http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2003/avensis/zzt251r-awmekw/3_273550_059_223W/electrical/8504_rear-washer

You may have to look carefully as the rear washer nozzle may be well hidden by the spoiler, unless it is missing. If you do find it, use a pin to see if the nozzle is blocked.

Assuming the washer fluid is topped up and the front works fine, plus the rear motor is working, the hose may be disconnected or broken somewhere between the washer pump and the nozzle. Look for signs of leaks. The hose is kinked.

Hopefully an owner of a similar car will post a response.

Thanks for the diagram, I had a feeling the washer knozzle was in the tailgate spoiler, well tucked out of Sight! I can hear the motor working when I turn the switch, so I'll try the pin trick to see if it's blocked. It's great to be able to share knowledge of Toyota's, we had a year 2000 Avensis 1.8, which was a fantastic car, although the one we have bought now is only three yrs newer much has changed about engine and other bits and bobs.

Once again thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links