Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Have A Leak In My Car

William18555

I have a leak (warm water) dripping into the passenger side of my car a Toyota Avensis 2.0l D-4D can anyone suggest what is going on......please.

I've not had that particular issue, but warm water leaks inside the cabin are usually indicative of leaky heater pipes or matrix. Does that water smell sweet like coolant?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply.. I am not sure about the smell it was my wife that noticed it and when I stopped the car the drip had stopped but the floor was wet I will check for that again ..thank you for the prompt reply.

Where's it dripping from?? Is it from above, from around the door or windscreen, headining or is it simply that there's a pool of water on the floor. A heater matrix usually doesn't drip, it's the wet carpets in the footwell that you notice.

Does it happen when it's raining or isn't dependant on the weather at all??

Hi William, you did say warm water, so i took that to mean that it wasn't a leak through the screen but if the warm adjective is a red herring then another place to investigate may be the drain in the heater intake. If the car has been parked regularly under trees then it may be blocked, and that could result in water ingress, but I'd expect the water to be cold. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all for their replies, i see i have not giving enough information so I will try again. The drip is in the passenger footwell, when I put my hand under the dash in the back of the footwell at the side of the center consul I can feel a pipe which is warm/hot there is also a plastic bit and the water is there when i touch it . The strange thing is (or mabey its not?) my wife says she only notices it dripping when I do a left turn?????.(She noticed it because it dripped on her foot) there is also no hot air coming from the blowers and it stops dripping when i have it set to cold air ..even when I turn left. I can hear the fans blowing away however not a lot of hot (virtually none) air is coming through the vents on any side of the car. I have ran the car for 20 mins (stationary) and no drips when I check and no build up of water. It only starts when i make a left turn and have it turned to hot air. It does not happen when I turn right ???.

Help please!!!!!!!!

Just one more question do we can be clear, is your car left hand or right hand drive, i.e. Which side of the vehicle is the steering wheel?

Thank you for the response Duggerz My car is a right hand drive, its a 2004 Toyota Avensis 2.0l D-4D .

Thanks to all for their replies, i see i have not giving enough information so I will try again. The drip is in the passenger footwell, when I put my hand under the dash in the back of the footwell at the side of the center consul I can feel a pipe which is warm/hot there is also a plastic bit and the water is there when i touch it . The strange thing is (or mabey its not?) my wife says she only notices it dripping when I do a left turn?????.(She noticed it because it dripped on her foot) there is also no hot air coming from the blowers and it stops dripping when i have it set to cold air ..even when I turn left. I can hear the fans blowing away however not a lot of hot (virtually none) air is coming through the vents on any side of the car. I have ran the car for 20 mins (stationary) and no drips when I check and no build up of water. It only starts when i make a left turn and have it turned to hot air. It does not happen when I turn right ???.

Help please!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the response Duggerz My car is a right hand drive, its a 2004 Toyota Avensis 2.0l D-4D .

Here is the diagram of your ventilation and heating system.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/cdt250r-almeyw/3_273550_083_223W/electrical/8714_heating-air-conditioning-cooler-unit

Have a check where the pollen filter is located, and also check the drainage in the scuttle panel. If the water cannot drain then it must getting into the cabin.

If you are losing coolant, check the expansion tank.

Thank you Konrad C for your response, I will check the diagram, have a look at tha,t and hopefully resolve this problem. Thanks to all who replied.

I'll be back..... no doubt!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links