Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering a t sport corolla

Ciaran1

Are the springs or coil overs different for the t sport corolla to say a non t sport ? Or any difference between a face lift and non face lift ? Any recommendations for decent but as cheap as possible coil overs . Or any members here selling a second hand set of coils? Thanks in advance !

• 4 weeks later...

Think its all the same new coilovers€450 on mcg autostyling 

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/250912/toyota/koni-sport-suspension-kits/1140-3291.html

Thinking of going with these as coilovers are to much hassle.

According to some sites I've looked at its the compressor that has different suspension to the other Corolla models.

Can't find any cheap coilys, if you want cheap gonna have to be springs on standard shocks, no lower than 30mm or else you'll need shocks in which case coilys may be the best option.. Go for eibachs if you can't get your hands on some TTE springs. 

10 hours ago, JRCorolla2 said:

Can't find any cheap coilys, if you want cheap gonna have to be springs on standard shocks, no lower than 30mm or else you'll need shocks in which case coilys may be the best option.. Go for eibachs if you can't get your hands on some TTE springs. 

Some springs have abit more give than other. On my old e11 i had apex and there was no give on them do Eibach habe abit of give

2 minutes ago, Nauxcorolla said:

Some springs have abit more give than other. On my old e11 i had apex and there was no give on them do eibach habe abit of give

from what ive read on these forums Eibach springs are manufactured so that they wont sink any lower after applying them, also just rebranded TTE's (toyotas lowering springs). ive ordered a set of them and will be fitting them next week to standard shocks, i will post up some pics of before and after.

37 minutes ago, JRCorolla2 said:

from what ive read on these forums eibach springs are manufactured so that they wont sink any lower after applying them, also just rebranded TTE's (toyotas lowering springs). ive ordered a set of them and will be fitting them next week to standard shocks, i will post up some pics of before and after.

Perfect thanks that will give us all an idea then of what to expect 

6 hours ago, JRCorolla2 said:

from what ive read on these forums eibach springs are manufactured so that they wont sink any lower after applying them, also just rebranded TTE's (toyotas lowering springs). ive ordered a set of them and will be fitting them next week to standard shocks, i will post up some pics of before and after.

Will be very interested in what you think after fitting, these were gonna be my next mod but not sure if I should get matching dampers as well.

Keep us updated!

2 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Will be very interested in what you think after fitting, these were gonna be my next mod but not sure if I should get matching dampers as well.

Keep us updated!

Will do! if the springs feel worse or just ruin the ride ill simply put the normal springs back on and order coilovers.. ive asked so many people about dropping a t sport 30mm and they all say stock dampers will more than suffice for the change in height.

On 27/05/2016 at 4:12 PM, JRCorolla2 said:

Will do! if the springs feel worse or just ruin the ride ill simply put the normal springs back on and order coilovers.. ive asked so many people about dropping a t sport 30mm and they all say stock dampers will more than suffice for the change in height.

Ino ye all say Eibach are the way to go but i seen a fella with a set of cobra springs 35mm drop they looked well 

21 hours ago, Nauxcorolla said:

Ino ye all say eibach are the way to go but i seen a fella with a set of cobra springs 35mm drop they looked well 

yeah ive seen a few people use apexi and cobra, 35mm is pushing it but the geometry of the springs and the way they sit on the struts may cause more wear than Eibach, i figured going with the springs designed for the stock struts would be the safest so i wouldnt really wanna try anything thats classed as pushing it on standard shocks!

2 hours ago, JRCorolla2 said:

yeah ive seen a few people use apexi and cobra, 35mm is pushing it but the geometry of the springs and the way they sit on the struts may cause more wear than eibach, i figured going with the springs designed for the stock struts would be the safest so i wouldnt really wanna try anything thats classed as pushing it on standard shocks!

Ya thats true better off playing it safe

I've finally lowered it 30mm on Eibach springs! Got some new TSW 17" 225/45/17 on aswell it looks so much better! No more SUV.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How does it drive? Looks better but not sure about those new rims though.

Looking good mate. So much better lowered! Why they put 16s as standard I'll never know. 

No more birds nesting in there ha 😉👍

9 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

How does it drive? Looks better but not sure about those new rims though.

It drives lovely, body roll has pretty much gone, i suppose the fatter tyres help that alot though! but i do feel the little bumps alot more though..

8 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Looking good mate. So much better lowered! Why they put 16s as standard I'll never know. 

No more birds nesting in there ha 😉👍

yeah couldnt stand em! loving the ride now :biggrin:

I Kinda like them tbh... sound in the cabin is slightly louder though and my speedo is now spot on which is strange!

ADFASDF.jpg

I did warn you about crashiness over bumps and reduced small bump sensitivity cos the damping rates are out :p Speedo being spot on is due the change in tire circumference with the new rims.

Gotta say that she does look a lot better sitting lower, though the black wheels make it a bit too barry imo.

36 minutes ago, Cookeh said:

I did warn you about crashiness over bumps and reduced small bump sensitivity cos the damping rates are out :p Speedo being spot on is due the change in tire circumference with the new rims.

Gotta say that she does look a lot better sitting lower, though the black wheels make it a bit too barry imo.

I know you did, you were right haha! its worth losing that awful bodyroll... wheels were a cheap upgrade so i ended up chucking them on, might look for another set soon, i do like the fatter tyres though.

I agree that body-roll can be a bit extreme in the 'rollas, but the impact is has on ride would be why I'd have to send that bit extra on coilovers personally.

Regarding the wheels, you could respray the face of them for all of about £30s worth of paint and a couple of hours. You'd just need to sand the face down well, clean it all up, prime (x2), colour coat (x3) and clearcoat it (x2) and it should be fine. Take your time to do it properly and it can come out looking quite good. Certainly last until you really want to upgrade the wheels.

On 06/06/2016 at 1:54 PM, Cookeh said:

I agree that body-roll can be a bit extreme in the 'rollas, but the impact is has on ride would be why I'd have to send that bit extra on coilovers personally.

Regarding the wheels, you could respray the face of them for all of about £30s worth of paint and a couple of hours. You'd just need to sand the face down well, clean it all up, prime (x2), colour coat (x3) and clearcoat it (x2) and it should be fine. Take your time to do it properly and it can come out looking quite good. Certainly last until you really want to upgrade the wheels.

Yeah ill probably leave them until last now, im trying to find myself a remus or TTE backbox, gonna be hard but id rather have TTE than custom tbh.

Bagged myself a TTE exhaust for 70 quid! Love eBay 😂

image.jpeg

Think I saw this the other day when browsing, needs cleaning up though.

How is the car since you have lowered it? Do you recommend the springs?

Like gold dust buddy ha 

8 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Think I saw this the other day when browsing, needs cleaning up though.

How is the car since you have lowered it? Do you recommend the springs?

Yeah,having the welders at work look at it for me today! and since putting them on Eibachs its driven so much nicer, pins to the floor around corners and its not so low that it hits on bumps. plus the bigger tyres help with comfort but yeah i definitely recommend these springs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links