Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 4 mpg

kithmo

Took the Gen 4 on its second long run out today, ambient temps 19-24 deg C, 200 mile round trip, adaptive cruise set to 60 mph most of the time to keep up with traffic and it showed 79 mpg  on the trip computer. I'm well pleased, the best I had out of the Gen 3 on the same journey was 74 mpg (trip reading) and that was with a great deal of hypermiling and average speeds of 45-55 mph. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was speaking to a chap who was after buying 300 Prius' for his company, and he was invited to a factory Hybrid day. With lots of people there and several different hybrid cars one of the days highlights was a prise for who can get the best mpg. Two lady's managed to get over 90 mpg from the 2016 Prius!  I'm not sure I would want to drive behind someone who can get the test cycle mpg but it was on the road, so it is possible to get those figures.

On a warm summer's day (remember them!?), with light traffic on the A12 from Southwold to Hopton (nr Gt Yarmouth) I've had 90 mpg displayed (4-5% optimistic) on my Gen 3 Prius, and occasionally over 80 mpg on a 120 mile trip from Hopton to Bedford (cruising max 60 mph on the clock).

Based on my test drive, I expect my Gen 4 (due in a couple of weeks now - it's currently somewhere between Southampton docks and my Norwich dealer) to manage 5-10 mpg better than my Gen 3 in any given set of conditions.

• Like 1

When I had my test drive I did my commute from home to work and I was astounded by the consumption I got.  This is on 30-40MPH roads and driving as I would normally.  Only short distances, but that is the type of driving I do.

1ED3F0BF-3C72-4FA7-8264-D2D9A2F19374_zps

I then drove from work back to the dealership which include Motorway speed and I got an equally impressive result.

C820095F-B500-4ACA-A351-F4AC36ECCF5C_zps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links