Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

engine warning light

tinners4

hi

was travelling home yesterday and didn't realise my fuel had got so low the last block on the gauge was flashing and the engine warning light also came on I got to the garage and fuelled up but the engine light has stayed on is this because I let the fuel get too low and just needs resetting on a diagnostic tester? does anyone know roughly what Toyota charge for this?

thanks

Hi Tony,

The MIL lamp shouldn't come on just because your fuel level is low.

Have you noticed any slight change in the fuel economy or performance?

I would suggest you buy a OBD reader and have a look at the fault code, at least you have an idea what the problem is.

Did you fill the tank, or just put a little in? If the latter, it may not have reset the fault code. If you filled the tank, it may reset after twenty or so operations of the starter motor.

Hi

thanks for the replies, I went to take it too a garage last night to be tested but soon as I got there light went off!!!!, I did only put a small amount of fuel in at the time but have since filled it up so will keep an eye on the economy and if the light comes back im hoping its what you suggested bathtub tom will have to see thanks for the replies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links