Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

electrical fault (i think)

candie69

im having a problem with my iq2 . i got a button next to the gearbox that doesnt do anything , i believe its the traction control but unsure . when i turn on the ignition the traction light comes on and goes off but when i press the button nothing is happening atall . it does illuminiate when my headlights are on and thats about it . when i went to take out the switch to clean it i noticed a few other wires not connected to anything atall? i was wondering what these wires are for and how i go about fixing my traction control button or if i can test the wiring by using a wire to create a circiut to make sure the switch is faulty and then the light should come on , on the dash . 

please help me . pics are attached 

thankyou 

IMG_20160623_154728.jpg

IMG_20160628_011026.jpg

I think that button is to turn the ESP/Traction Control off. Is the car second hand?

Hi Gabrielle, As far as I know, when the traction control button is pressed, if you look on the dash display to the right of the speedo, you should see a light come on with the same symbol as that on the button indicating it is on or off. I think it is an amber/yellow colour -this is from memory, which isn't that great. As for the other wires, no idea. I'm sure someone will be along and explain what they are for.

its totally dead , no light on dash when i press button , ive tried to take apart and clean the button but still not working . i know the orange light works as it comes on briefly before engine starts. the model of mine is the iq2 navigation with the tns 510 audio in it 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links