Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

03 Reg TSpirit Oil burner

JeffM

Hi everyone,

I know there are one or two other threads about this already and I know what the issues are....some models from that era have this issue and that if it had a full toyota service history toyota would have replaced the engine etc. That option clearly isn't available to me but what I am considering is getting the engine re-manufactured or putting a re-manufactured engine in. It's cheaper than buying a new car. Yes it's that bad....my local garage man sold me a 20 litre barrel of oil at cost in December and I am about 3 quarters of the way through it already.

So my finally is: has anyone had any experience with refurbed / re-manufactured engines and if so is there any advice anyone can give?

Jeff

unless the refurb/reman engine was from a car built post Nov 2005 then you would be getting a engine with the same potential issues, The official fix was a Toyota remanufactured "Short motor" ( a block with crank & pistons preassembled using all the modified bits a whole new engine was/is not required. These are still available to purchase on an exchange basis  

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links