Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Gear and 2nd Gear not smooth on Toyota D4d 2012

Coolissimo

Hi all,

I have a Toyota Avensis D4D estate 2012 with 87k miles, and I am having some issues with the gear shifts, especially with the 1st and 2nd gear, what happens is that ,is hard to get in, sometimes I have to reset as it does not want to get in the first time. This is more evident when I am reducing gears ,sometimes the gears gets in, not smooth , but not to bad. I have experience with other gears too but not as bad with the 1st and 2nd. As the car is on warranty I have taken to Toyota and they said that  everything was fine, but obviously is not, I believe the gears should be smooth especially from a car like this. Also I have notice after taking it to Toyota that below the transmission housing , there is some oil spots, maybe a leak from the Transmission, not much but noticeable. Can Someone help me in ideas and what to do with or to say at Toyota to fix it? I appreciate all the answers.

Kind Regards

This gearbox is known for being obstructive into 1st & particularly imo into 2nd especially when cold. Once it warms up it is usually OK.

Sometimes a change of gearbox oil can bring a small but noticeable improvement - you want straight 75W not a multi grade.

• Like 1

Hi Heidfirts,

thanks for the answer but even thou you may be right, but even when the motor is warm I believe I struggle with the gears, but I am just wondering if is only a matter of the gear oil.

Do you know which hose I can fill the oil in?

Kind Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links