Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement boot seal

Ljays

Hi all,

I've been having issues with moisture on the interior of my car over winter (purchased end of summer '16) and thought I'd leave it until the weather got a bit nicer to diagnose the issue.

I was just checking my tyre pressures (as I've been doing a fair bit of mileage recently) when I remembered to check the spare in the boot, only to discover there was quite a bit of water in the well with the spare! I scooped it all out into a bucket and there was almost 3 litres.

I know from reading about when the leak first occurred that the rear light clusters can leak, but upon inspection I discovered that the boot seal is ripped in places so thought it would be best to replace this first.

Does anyone know where I can get a new one in the UK (or even a part number)? My Google skills are normally on form but the results I was getting were less than helpful and there were no immediate/obvious answers. I was planning on ringing a parts department at Toyota if all else fails but I have a sneaky suspicious I'm likely to get ripped off a little.

Welcome to T.O.C., Lee.

If you pop over to the celica-club.co.uk forum, there is a corporate member on that site with the user-name,"ams".

Amit will be able to supply you with a good used seal, at a fraction of new price. He's a very good contact to have, as there is very little he will not be able to help you with, both in terms of advice, and parts.

Hope that helps :smile:

14 minutes ago, Scarlett Arrow said:

Welcome to T.O.C., Lee.

If you pop over to the celica-club.co.uk forum, there is a corporate member on that site with the user-name,"ams".

Amit will be able to supply you with a good used seal, at a fraction of new price. He's a very good contact to have, as there is very little he will not be able to help you with, both in terms of advice, and parts.

Hope that helps :smile:

That's brilliant - thank you very much!

I shall go and sign up there now. Much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links