Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X Touch Phone Compatibility

chiltg

I've just got my new Aygo X-cite and have my phone connected for calls and music but all the messaging options are greyed out. Have tried deleting all my old messages, run the set up messaging numerous times but nothing. I suspect it's my phone, I have an LG G4 but cannot seem to find any compatibilty info for it.

I don't know if this is correct but the salesman recently told me it's only Samsungs that sync with text messages. Someone else may confirm.

Thanks for the quick reply. It wouldn't surprise me as the LG G4 is a less commonly used phone.

Thanks, according to the link ablove the G4 is compatible on Android 5.1 but mine is at 6.0. I also have this link ..

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19114/~/phone-compatibility-for-toyota-aygo-connect-multimedia

which doesn't mention the G4 at all so I think it may well be the phone.

25 minutes ago, chiltg said:

Thanks, according to the link ablove the G4 is compatible on Android 5.1 but mine is at 6.0. I also have this link ..

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19114/~/phone-compatibility-for-toyota-aygo-connect-multimedia

which doesn't mention the G4 at all so I think it may well be the phone.

The TomTom info doesn't apply to your Aygo only Mk1 Aygo had TomTom. Most issues on Android phones come from missing a couple of prompts that appear on the phone shortly after pairing the phone with the head unit for the first time, if missed the head unit doesn't have full permissions on the phone. To correct this delete the pairing on both devices, re-connect both devices then wait for the prompts to appear on the phone and "allow" them, this usually corrects any issues.

Thanks Devon Aygo! I had tried this before but I tried it again, restarted my phone and it suddenly asked for permission to connect to messages! Problem solved

• 4 years later...
On 6/6/2017 at 8:53 PM, AYGOSTU said:

I don't know if this is correct but the salesman recently told me it's only Samsungs that sync with text messages. Someone else may confirm.

I have Huawei y6 2019 and its OK with calls messages and songs. But not screen mirroring. 

1 hour ago, Mushiey said:

I have Huawei y6 2019 and its OK with calls messages and songs. But not screen mirroring. 

Nothing to do with your phone the car is only compatible with MirrorLink version 1 which is only present some very old phones ( Samsung GS3, Nokia Symbian ) and will never be compatible with anything else.

If you want proper function you will need to find a later 3 button head unit part number 86140-YV020 its a straight fit an gives you Apple carplay or Android auto

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Nothing to do with your phone the car is only compatible with MirrorLink version 1 which is only present some very old phones ( Samsung GS3, Nokia Symbian ) and will never be compatible with anything else.

If you want proper function you will need to find a later 3 button head unit part number 86140-YV020 its a straight fit an gives you Apple carplay or Android auto

We can get second hand but after buying y we need code as well from the dealer they charge for the code as well. 

Just now, Mushiey said:

We can get second hand but after buying y we need code as well from the dealer they charge for the code as well. 

It's expensive to update maps as well its not worth. I will buy after market from China and it is map free update as well. I already bought for my 2004 honda civic gybe rid as well. 

Just now, Mushiey said:

It's expensive to update maps as well its not worth. I will buy after market from China and it is map free update as well. I already bought for my 2004 honda civic gybe rid as well. 

Honda civic hybrid as well its beautiful system and cheap comes with everything built in. 

33 minutes ago, Mushiey said:

There is no code required and mapping i via your smartphone app i.e google maps, waze, Apple maps etc no map updates required

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

There is no code required and mapping i via your smartphone app i.e google maps, waze, Apple maps etc no map updates required

The 3 button Carplay & Android Auto compatible radio is a direct plug'n'play fit for the old 2 button one, and as Devon Aygo says there is no code needed when doing the swap.

I use Google maps on my iPhone with offline maps (downloaded to my phone when on WiFi) so the only data usage is a very small amount for traffic updates, and maps ara e available even when there is no mobile coverage.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:37 PM, chiltg said:

I've just got my new Aygo X-cite and have my phone connected for calls and music but all the messaging options are greyed out. Have tried deleting all my old messages, run the set up messaging numerous times but nothing. I suspect it's my phone, I have an LG G4 but cannot seem to find any compatibilty info for it.

Some phones are compatible with Toyota aygo for messages, as well check with the dealer. It shouldn't give you problem but then also just give it a try. 

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

The 3 button Carplay & Android Auto compatible radio is a direct plug'n'play fit for the old 2 button one, and as Devon Aygo says there is no code needed when doing the swap.

I use Google maps on my iPhone with offline maps (downloaded to my phone when on WiFi) so the only data usage is a very small amount for traffic updates, and maps ara e available even when there is no mobile coverage.

Thanks man you are a star but In future if we want to update maps toyota charge us for updating maps. Someone told me they charge more than 100 pounds for update maps. 

1 minute ago, Mushiey said:

Thanks man you are a star but In future if we want to update maps toyota charge us for updating maps. Someone told me they charge more than 100 pounds for update maps. 

Dave did you change it from touch screen to xnav in your aygo. 

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

Thanks man did you change in touch screen to xnav in your aygo. 

Just now, Mushiey said:

I have y6 2019 Huawei phone  but I can't do screen mirroring in my Toyota aygo xcite 3 yellow. 

Mirrorlink is DEAD, the Tripleplay radio 86140-YV020 has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - for sat nav it uses app's on your phone like Google Maps or Waze as well as a few others and shows them on the radio

The X-nav is the nav add on for the x-touch, updates are £100-120, it does NOT add any phone mirroring

When I investigated adding x-nav to my 2020 x-clusiv I found 3 things:

1. The hardware add-on is over £400

2. The latest micro SD card with the maps is nearly £150, and with updates every year it can get very expensive (after 3 or so years more than the cost of a 3 button radio from an auction site or a scrapyard)

3. I couldn't fit it anyway as I have the 3 button radio

See 3. above.

CarPlay & Android Auto didn't become available until late 2018 or even 2019 on some Aygo models, so your 2017 model won't mirror the screen on your Huawei phone.

3 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

When I investigated adding x-nav to my 2020 x-clusiv I found 3 things:

1. The hardware add-on is over £400

2. The latest micro SD card with the maps is nearly £150, and with updates every year it can get very expensive (after 3 or so years more than the cost of a 3 button radio from an auction site or a scrapyard)

3. I couldn't fit it anyway as I have the 3 button radio

See 3. above.

CarPlay & Android Auto didn't become available until late 2018 or even 2019 on some Aygo models, so your 2017 model won't mirror the screen on your Huawei phone.

I know it's very expensive I bought android 10 from China for my Honda civic hybrid 2004 and its beautiful map updates are free as well. IMG_20220330_152512.thumb.jpg.8f2bc3f998dd66b4a64593aa896aeac6.jpgIMG_20220330_152512.thumb.jpg.8f2bc3f998dd66b4a64593aa896aeac6.jpgIMG_20220330_152512.thumb.jpg.8f2bc3f998dd66b4a64593aa896aeac6.jpg

IMG_20220330_152448.jpg

IMG_20220330_152558.jpg

map updates are free as well

Why I use Google maps via CarPlay 😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links