Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recent Warranty Success With 12v Battery Replacement?

Gerg

Our 2013 Auris  Hybrid sounds like it is straining when the door is unlocked and opened, and the (brake booster?) motor automatically starts up. The pitch of that motor moves down as it runs. There is no problem with the car in other respects though.

It has been like this for months and is getting worse.  Today I checked the 12v battery; with the ignition on it reads 14.4 volts.

With the ignition off,  it falls to 12.0 volts after a few minutes; so surprisingly low.

Anyone like to venture if Toyota will entertain warranty under these circumstances?  I'd be impressed if they did as the car starts ok at the moment.

It would be nice to get it changed before the car ends up immobile any day soon.

i suppose as long as toyota can demonstarte that the Battery is starting to fail due to it

not holding charge then it should be repalced under warranty with no issues.

With most manufacturers, batteries (not the hybrid battery) carry a limited warranty under the new car warranty. For example the Hyundai new car warranty is for 5 years unlimited mileage, but the Battery is covered for 24 months on non-hybrids. You would need to make an enquiry via your dealer to determine what coverage the 12v Battery has.

i came to my conclusion as the 12v Battery doesnt take a battering unlike a normal car Battery,

due to it only powering up the computer systems so overall it has a very easy life in comparison.

The 12V Battery on a Toyota is covered for the full warranty term, so on an Auris this would be 5 years / 100000 miles Toyota do however require diagnostic proof of a failed/faulty Battery, to this end all dealers have a Midtronics EXP-1444 tester which tests the Battery and if faulty provides an alpha numeric code which is required by the warranty department when submitting a claim, if the battery passes the test then Toyota would not pay out on a replaced battery

• Like 1

Thanks Devon, that is really useful information. The Midtronics manual is available as a pdf. It's interesting to see how the test works.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links