Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 revs cold idle

m456an

2000 revs cold idle, on the net and people I have talked say the choke is kicking in and is normal, though when the car is warm the idle when standing still goes to 640 revs, and idle when coasting is about 1000 revs.

I am guessing there is nothing to worry about, as it warms the engine quick, and I don't have to bother touching the throttle when going in first and second well that is until the car is warm?

Completely normal.  Revs should die down quite quicky tho, like by the end of your street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2000 revs cold idle, on the net and people I have talked say the choke is kicking in and is normal, though when the car is warm the idle when standing still goes to 640 revs, and idle when coasting is about 1000 revs.
I am guessing there is nothing to worry about, as it warms the engine quick, and I don't have to bother touching the throttle when going in first and second well that is until the car is warm?

Sounds like my 03 vvt-i, clueless why rpm are different rolling and standing still. But 1800-2000 cold is normal.

Regards
Dag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

Completely normal.  Revs should die down quite quicky tho, like by the end of your street.

Thanks, I was worried I had to clean the idle control unit which would mean taking the whole throttle unit out. 

1 hour ago, daoestig said:

Sounds like my 03 vvt-i, clueless why rpm are different rolling and standing still. But 1800-2000 cold is normal.

Regards
Dag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that is a little problem, why the coasting revs are different to idle revs. The revs do start to lower after 30 secs. So I do not need to clean icv.

• 3 weeks later...

Rolling and idle revs seem to be much closer when the engine is warm after coolant change, though it took 6 days for coolant level to stop lowering, thought there may be a coolant leak!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links