Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Rav4 Radio Removal

Stefan A

Can someone please tell me what the steps are to remove the radio from the 2004 rav4? 

Thanks

Stefan

I am also looking for the same info. so that I can fit a CD/MP3 player.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carefully pry the 2 side panels from around the radio structure. They just snap out and back in.

There will be 2 screws to remove that will allow you to pull the 2 center air vents out. Once this is removed, you will see the 4 bolts that hold the radio in place.

Remove these, careful not to drop the 2 deep inset bolts. The radio will now pull loose from the cavity.

jerij

Carefully pry the 2 side panels from around the radio structure.  They just snap out and back in.

There will be 2 screws to remove that will allow you to pull the 2 center air vents out.  Once this is removed, you will see the 4 bolts that hold the radio in place.

Remove these, careful not to drop the 2 deep inset bolts.  The radio will now pull loose from the cavity.

jerij

Thanks jerij. :thumbsup:

Do you have any photos available and have you fitted a CD/Mp3 player if so did you fit the Toyota one or an aftermarket one?

Sorry, I've no photos. It's really straightforward once you do it.

I was adding a Sirius satellite radio interface to my system and interlinking my IPOD into the (Pioneer) satellite radio system. I basically still have the stock system but my aftermarket pieces run thru my CD player port. Much better sound quality than the FM modulator.

jerij

I've removed the radio so now all I need is a supplier of a compatible aftermarket MP3 changer. Has anybody any recommendations?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links