Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annual Yaris Meet

Chuck04

Possible locations  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Possible locations

• Wales
    • Birmingham
    • Other... please feel free to make a suggestion

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kerby

• earpl

• Moffmo

• s0cks

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh And... wait till chappers comes along and sees this, hell be able to guide us around and the like :thumbsup:

But defo not january guys

Yeah baby.. Shocked that so many chose Wales, although the scenery, twisties etc are awesome :thumbsup: If we keep this thread alive or update once a while, obv when people aren't doing exams/sorting work out/money etc

Definately got to go 'through the valleys and up the mountains!' :yes:

:Respect:

i say wales because i live in wales.....because people are wanting to drive on the fun roads i reckon we should meet up in brecon....it has no speed cameras,long straight and bendy roads :hokus-pokus: but the only bad fing is its no where near the town senter for us to get grub....

i say wales because i live in wales.....because people are wanting to drive on the fun roads i reckon we should meet up in brecon....it has no speed cameras,long straight and bendy roads :hokus-pokus: but the only bad fing is its no where near the town senter for us to get grub....

im sure its got some country pub somethere

Wales would be too far to travel for a lot of us Scottish owners, but i know what u mean about the scenery.. we got great roads in north of Scotland... but thats hardly central either, more thinking needs to be done about the location... and.. as for January.. i have one word SNOW!".. it would be too dangerous for ppl to drive in bad conditions just for a meet.. so more thinking on the date too.

my suggestion? it a difficult one to keep everone happy.. but border country has good roads too.. so maybe worth looking to that area? after the snow has gone.

I would be up for a Yaris meet, but like cfc said in the months of Jan/Feb there is usually lousy weather/snow/ice around. I'm in Essex so Wales is definately too far from me, when I think of another suggestion I will post it here

well i say WARRINGTON!!! :P heheehehhe.... Nah I am relatively easy (oooh) when it comes to meets... provided its well thought out and peeps will be there... I am pretty much centralish in Warrington. so long as the date doesnt interfere with Le Mans (a long way away yes but hey.. you knwo these events can drag out if not looked after!) I reckon I can make most weekends (obv. know nearer the time)

But it would be great to see the Yaris peeps!! I have met a few... those of which were class (well duh! would they be anything else!! (disc: usually)) But it would be nice to meet a few more faces before my little darling Yaz moves on to a (hopefully) better place!

*keeps an eye on the thread

Maybe schedule a meet for march then. I can't do Feb. The problem is, if you say smack bang in the middle of the UK - it'll still be a hefty 4-5hr (maybe more) journey for us southerners :'(

Thats a way too long a drive for one day. It'd have to be a weekend thing so we can drive up on Friday - stay somewhere - meet up - stay somehwere - meet up - and then go home Sunday evening. You get what I'm saying? For just one day it seems kinda pointless. I love driving - but sitting on a motorway for 4 or 5 hours isn't thrilling.

Needs a lot of thought.

Maybe best to split it up. So we have a southern and northen meet - and then we can drive in convey and meet in the middle :D

yea good point socks, 4 5 hours is bit of a drive, i like the sound of the convy tho, recon could get some cool vid fottage of peoples cars drivin aswell make a little vid of the convy drive !! :thumbsup:

yea good point socks, 4 5 hours is bit of a drive, i like the sound of the convy tho, recon could get some cool vid fottage of peoples cars drivin aswell make a little vid of the convy drive !!  :thumbsup:

yep - get 3 or 4 conveys meeting up in the middle. and could get some cool vid footage.

LOL - thinkin about it now.... 10 Yari crawling down the motorway - ppl would think - wtf?

yea good point socks, 4 5 hours is bit of a drive, i like the sound of the convy tho, recon could get some cool vid fottage of peoples cars drivin aswell make a little vid of the convy drive !!  :thumbsup:

yep - get 3 or 4 conveys meeting up in the middle. and could get some cool vid footage.

LOL - thinkin about it now.... 10 Yari crawling down the motorway - ppl would think - wtf?

haha that is true, you never see that many yaris, i have access to editiing software so can make somthing out of all the fottage if needed :thumbsup:

whos says it will be just 10. if this thing gets any bigger there will be more especially when we all meet

right peeps

couple of us have discussed this offline and we have come up with and idea. 3 sperate meets.

1. Scotland

2. Northern England

3. Southern England

once these meets have met (so to say) dependin wot else we are doin we will then convoy down to the main meet. We think we have the organisers for the northern and southern meets, just need one or two for the scotland one and we are done.

So anyone who is feelin kind enough PM us or talk to me or Chuck04 on MSN. Once we have the final organiser we will then start to discuss plans of wot we are doin.

Cheers Guys

chris

You may as well make it a TOC meet or wait till something 'big' is happening if people from Scotland and Wales are going to travel to the middle of England... :unsure: I mean, I wouldn't expect people from Ireland/Scotland/Northern England to travel to Wales to drive through awesome scenery/mountains/valleys/twisites ( ;) ) for a couple of hours and then drive <exagerated> allll the wayyy homeee..

Those closest to Wales, check out this link... Wales Meet..

:thumbsup:

They are hardly central. If it were 2 be central then Alan from Inverness and the person right at the bottom of England (Chuck04?) would meet half way which I would say is around the Newcastle area or a wee bit more southern!

Anyway, if its in Wales I won't make it. Why January? Surely we should wait to spring at least? :thumbsup:

Or Scotland, or Scotland, or Scotland?

Just a couple more suggestions! :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Wales would be too far to travel for a lot of us Scottish owners, but i know what u mean about the scenery.. we got great roads in north of Scotland... but thats hardly central either, more thinking needs to be done about the location... and.. as for January.. i have one word  SNOW!"..  it would be too dangerous for ppl to drive in bad conditions just for a meet.. so more thinking on the date too.

my suggestion?  it a difficult one to keep everone happy..  but  border country has good roads too.. so maybe worth looking to that area? after the snow has gone.

Hmmm... Yes...

Much as I'd love to come, distance becomes a bit of a problem for me as I live in the **** end of nowhere... Even to get to a Glasgow meet I worked out I drive the same distance as Glasgow to Bristol in a day, plus the karting and stuff :eek: January and February are also bad for me due to work commitments...

Anyhow, good luck with the meets and I'll see you all at JAE!

Cheers,

Alan

The three meets wih convoys to a main meet sounds like a good plan to me! I know i live here, but theres a good route from leeds up to Whitby, then down to robin hoods bay, down to scarbourough, through York, then to leeds via an awesome sweeping route! - Possiblity for a northern drive!

As long as it isn't past Oxford or Carlisle, im there (and when i dont have exams!) March/April would probably be best.

Have any off you looked in the meet's section lately, you have a lot closer regional meets coming up on jan the 23rd with your own regional meet co-ord. The meet date's are posted in the pinned topic and seeing as it is a bit off yet the meets haven't been posted but they will be by jan the 1st :thumbsup:

right, this is gonna be a weekend thing.... :D

Lets get someone to sort sommat out, Chappers find a hotel for three days, arrange prices etc... and then well get some convoy leaders....

I can do northern one as i live next to the main meeting place, Ferrybridge Services, which is where the A1 and the M62 join up...

Cheers

yeah but its in january. didnt think anyone wanted to go then?

True but these are local to the area and then the next one is in March before starting our national one's on the 1st of may, much better to have a big Yaris turnout at a national meet than arrange one seperatly as you get to meet everyone but you will all be parked in a line at the meet as always btw :thumbsup:

yeah but its in january. didnt think anyone wanted to go then?

True but these are local to the area and then the next one is in March before starting our national one's on the 1st of may, much better to have a big Yaris turnout at a national meet than arrange one seperatly as you get to meet everyone but you will all be parked in a line at the meet as always btw :thumbsup:

Aye!! The one at JAP's was impressive 10 yarii there at least....

And i live right next to moffmo... so i'll be in that 'un!

Nice one :thumbsup:

Only just realise you live in leeds :bye: :bookworm:

Where you been?? wev had loads of northern meets dude!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links