Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels

y2dom

Hi, I have got hold of some Team Dynamics pro race 1's

They came from a Punto MK1

The spec is

4x98

offset 35

Will i need spacers or wobbly bolts for these to fit?

Or will they not fit at all?

cheers for your help.

They came from a Punto MK1.

nononononononono dont do it to the yaris! anything from a fiat car deserves binning! :P

I had a punto for a courtesy car noisiest slowest piece of crap ive ever had to drive :ffs:

I had a punto for a courtesy car noisiest slowest piece of crap ive ever had to drive  :ffs:

These are the wheels, the car is charcol color and the wheels look real nice on the car..

So will they fit? or am i just wasting my time?

Cheers

_.jpg

LAY OFF THE PUNTO MAN - i've had plenty and no bother at all - aprt from 1 or 2 niggly things - but on the whole not a bad car - 1.8 HGT and then fell in love with the Yaris :thumbsup:

wobbly bolts??????????

Ok the 35mm offset will fit (although it is the minimum).. but the Yaris wheels are 4x100 not 4x98... so, i wouldn't think they will fit, wobbly bolts (whatever they are.. and i'm a tyre fitter :eek: ) or not.

Get a nice set of Jap wheels on it :thumbsup:

My presonal feeling on spacers is.. if the wheels need spacers to stop them hitting the inner arch/strut.. then the wheels don't fit the car, and shouldn't be on it in the 1st place.

Why don't people buy wheels that actually fit the car in the first place? (y2dom.. thats not a go at you.. just annoys me when people put things on cars that don't fit properly :ffs: )

Why don't people buy wheels that actually fit the car in the first place? (y2dom.. thats not a go at you.. just annoys me when people put things on cars that don't fit properly  :ffs: )

I think he/she's trying to find out if they actually fit, might not need the spacers if they already fit

Well the reson i ask is they were my sons. They fit on the studs perfect.. His new car has alloys so he dosent want them and wont get what he wants for them selling them.

So what your sayin is there fit with spacers... but its not recomended.?

they wont fit at all

Well the reson i ask is they were my sons. They fit on the studs perfect..

Depends what you mean by spacers....

Spacers, to me, area metal disc that go between the wheel and the hub.. it's purpose it to bring the wheel out from the inner wing and strut to stop them foulong it. Once fitted, on most occasions, longer/deeper wheel nuts are requires as there is going to be less threads to play with when tightening the wheel up.

The other downside of this is, there is no support (or very little) from the actual hub, and you could have problems getting the wheel centred. If the wheel isn't centred properly, then it will cause vibration through the steering wheel, and also put a lot of extra stress on the wheel nuts/studs, which they are not designed to do. So in this respect i would not advise you to use spacers.

If on the other hand you mean Centralising Rings, these are rings that go into the bore hole (centre of the wheel) to convert it to the same size as the hub (the Yaris is a 54mm bore).. these are fine to use, and are common place with most aftermarket alloy wheels. If it's only the Rings that you need.. then i would not advise fitting the wheels without them, for the same reason as above with reguards the stress on the nuts/studs and vibrations.

Read the sticky at the top of the Yaris section for more detailed info.

LAY OFF THE PUNTO MAN -  i've had plenty and no bother at all - aprt from 1 or 2 niggly things - but on the whole not a bad car - 1.8 HGT and then fell in love with the Yaris :thumbsup:

HGT's eat a$$ :lol:

1. you wont need spacers, so the offset should be fine alsong as there no wider than 6.5 inches

2. you cant get wobbly bolts for the yaris only for puntos i think.

LAY OFF THE PUNTO MAN -  i've had plenty and no bother at all - aprt from 1 or 2 niggly things - but on the whole not a bad car - 1.8 HGT and then fell in love with the Yaris :thumbsup:

HGT's eat a$$ :lol:

hear hear! :blink:

swap the P in punto for a C and that sums up fiat. :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links