Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

guydraper

Can I fit 6*9's on my parcel shelf and run the wires out of a standard toyota headunit? Or do I need a AMP??

Will it power 150w Speakers out of the standard head unit and still sound ok??

Cheers for the help. Draper.

You need to pop into toyota and ask for a rear speaker wiring loom (£15) then you can run an independant channel to the rear.

Alternativley, you can splice the front wires and run cables from them.

The headunit will power 150w Speakers fine. That rating will be the Max output rating. Nominal rating is probably closer to 70w, so it should sound quite well with the standard HU.

The headunit will power 150w speakers fine.

Will it power 360 max output Speakers? and still sound ok??

(it wont damage the head unit or rest of the cars sound system will it?)

Cheers Draper

The headunit will power 150w speakers fine.

Will it power 360 max output Speakers? and still sound ok??

(it wont damage the head unit or rest of the cars sound system will it?)

Cheers Draper

A few people have said that it could blow the amp in the HU by splicing the cables, but I've had mine done for 4 months and no problems at all :thumbsup: !

Splicing cables isn't ideal, but so long as you insulate them properly there will be no problems.

The Headunit can't blow up because of powerful Speakers. The Speakers could be 100,000,000,000 watts but the headunit will only send 10 watts to each channel. Of course it's better to match Speakers to the headunit, with say a MAX output of 100w as that will be driven well. A 360w speaker won't be being used to it's full potential, so could sound a tad crap as it's not doing what it was designed for.

If you want 360w speakers running off a standard HU then splice the speaker cables, pop in a speaker-to-RCA converter and then run RCA cables to amp which then powers the speakers. I'd add a sub for good measure too!

Is there any noticible difference in sound by the wiring loom as opposed to splicing?

I only ask because i currently have my 6x9's wired by splicing and wonder if its worth investing the wiring loom.

cant tell you the difference but i used the green coil with infinity 6x9's and it sounds pretty good.

Hey guys , I used to run with the wiring loom , I ran 90watt rms pioneer 8" with the standard h/u which i thought sounded really good !!! :yes:

then i purchased an amp off eBay , wired it up and my stereo literally came alive !!! What a difference !!!!

A tad tricky to fit at first , plus really need to improve my parcel shelf but worth the small cost in the end . I strongly recommend purchasing a small amp , basically whatever the budget you will see a difference. Here it is under my passenger seat :P

DSC00043.jpg

And as it happens I have an amp up for sale. Click the link in my signature for details! :thumbsup:

VIPERROOM_112 or others

are you using that amp from you standard head-unit? I know it can be done using the high level inputs cant it?

Plus MrT provides a secret 'amp tray' under the seat!! lol so considerate!

JK

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links