Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R.i.p Kitt

Calisto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calisto

• Fidgits

• alanbradley

• jay dh

Sorry to here this Ash, but as others have said the main this is that your ok. :thumbsup:

being helpful there are a few Pontiacs for sale if you want to make a start with KITT 2 ;)

J

Oh Ash, that's terrible news. Kitt is a fantastic car.

Perhaps you could find a similar car that has a blown engine. You could probably pick something like that up fairly cheaply if you could find it and cost of swapping the engine etc over wouldn't be too much would it.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do with her.

Tony

I have just been in touch with my insurance company and because I am TPF and T things are done differently. :blink:

I now have a solicitor dealing with things on my behalf, :thumbsup: they are contacting the other sides Insurance people to come out and offer a sum that they think is reasonable for KITT :rolleyes: and also because KITT is being written off what do I do about my private reg plate????? :o

Thanks for your kind words and support gang :group-cuddles:

love Ash.x

Gutted Ash :(

Glad you're ok though. I'm sure you'll find a reason why this has happened and move on.

As with the number plate, I don't know if it gets written off with the car, I'm sure I've read it somewhere............. :ph34r:

Chin up gal :yes:

Joe

I think you get take the plate with you, you contact the DVLA to get it put on retention (IIRC) and they issue a new plate for the celica.

although it costs somthing like £80, it would allow you to transfer the plate to a new car, or to sell it.

I think you get take the plate with you, you contact the DVLA to get it put on retention (IIRC) and they issue a new plate for the celica.

although it costs somthing like £80, it would allow you to transfer the plate to a new car, or to sell it.

I am not sure about the plate thing....as the car is being written off.... my dad had his land cruiser financially written off... and Im not sure if he was able to keep the plate or not.. I will investigate for you hon....

Otherwise yeah you should be able to put it on retention until you find another car to X-fer it to.

As peeps above have said... Im glad you are ok hon.. but then Ive spoken to you on MSN *hugs

And I have seen a lovely Black Gen5 GT4 at DP Performance in Warrington :P (I'll have to check and see if its an automatic tho :P)

Oh.... and hey hon... there were like different 'upgrades' of KITT over most of the series.... think of it as one of those ;)

Sorry to hear about your car Asha.

You will be able to keep the plate, it just costs £80 to put it on retention. The car being a write off has no bearing on that.

It may not even be a write off. The bodyshops will have priced up the job to include a brand new bumper (~£350), and another £200 to paint it. I bet you could get a rear bumper from TCB much cheaper. Can you get some photo's of the damage posted up? The rear quarter could well be expensive to repair though.

It may only be a write off based on the insurance company's valuation of the car -e.g. if they only say it's worth £1000 (which is probably higher than what the ins co will value your car at), they normally have a write off threshold of around 50% of the value, which would only be £500 in the above example. You don't get much for £500 at the big accident repair places.

You will probably have to fight the ins co. to get anywhere near a reasonable payout for your car. I would recommend removing any mods that are on the car (swap the wheels for standard ones etc), as they won't pay out any extra for them.

ash im sooooo sorry to hear this. as has been said you are ok and in one piece thats all that matters. it is a hard decision to let a car go when you have become attached to it but we will all hold on to memorys of KITT and eagerly await the KITT2 (GT4 maybe?????)

Hi Ash. How`d i miss this??? Really gutted for you sweetie, Know how much Kitt means to you. But, being realistic it is only a car and the main thing obviously is that your ok. Hope you can get something sorted out to your advantage. And as has already been mentioned........ GT4?????? In black maybe??????? Keep youir chin up girl. :thumbsup:

damn just read this :( really sorry to hear it but glad you are ok, admired your car a few times with the great pics on here and was hoping to see it in the flesh, really sad :(

Not been about much latley but I have just read this. I know what Kitt means to you and am sorry to hear about her.

Finding something to replace her could be difficult bit at least you have got something else so you can take your time.

Glad you did not suffer whip lash or anything worse :thumbsup:

I've got too much on at the mo or I might have been looking to put her right? Is she an Auto?

Not been about much latley but I have just read this. I know what Kitt means to you and am sorry to hear about her.

Finding something to replace her could be difficult bit at least you have got something else so you can take your time.

Glad you did not suffer whip lash or anything worse :thumbsup:

I've got too much on at the mo or I might have been looking to put her right? Is she an Auto?

Yep she is Martin. :thumbsup:

How on earth did i miss this thread? :wacko:

Really sorry to hear about this lass... What you going to replace her with next..? :ph34r:

How on earth did i miss this thread?   :wacko:

Really sorry to hear about this lass... What you going to replace her with next..? :ph34r:

Another GT-R or GT4 mebbe but I am not in any rush. :bookworm:

I was looking at mebbe in the future getting a Nissan 200sx I like the shape and pop ups BUT I love KITTs shape and size, so will be getting another Gen 5 sooner or later mebbe in a manual and not auto. :ph34r:

Yeah i missed this tread too...

Sorry to hear that ash :(

Hope you get the gits!.... can you get them castrated if it goes to court :lol:

Tim

a truck once skidded into the back of my mum's old VW as I pulled up at a zebra crossing, we were OK :) but :eek: , :wacko:

the company who owned the truck... Rentokil, gave us a :lol:

take care :thumbsup:

Yeah i missed this tread too...

Sorry to hear that ash :(

Hope you get the gits!.... can you get them castrated if it goes to court :lol:

Tim

Hey Tim you know meeeeee. it wont need to go to court to have them castrated after what they did to my baby. :crybaby::rolleyes:

Asha, make sure you get it in writing that you can have the number plate - i managed to keep mine in similar circumstances :thumbsup:

A

Hi again, Luv, with more not so helpful suggestions :help:

I had a Corolla Exec GL before my present one. I was getting her done up for her NCT (MoT to you) when they told me that apart from everything else, she had rust in her chassis.

I was determined to revive her, but it would have cost 10 times her market value, & I never had the cash spare.

I went over to England for my present one, which is in very good nick, but hadn't the heart to send the old girl to the Knackers yard. I got a waterproof car cover & she sits in front of the house as a complete set of spares. Have already used her gearbox as a replacement.(Don't chase BMWs which flash you to get out of the way while doing the legal limit on a motorway in a 14/15 y.o. car, even if it is a Toyota) :lol:

In other words, get the same again & she will live on in your new one! :thumbsup:

Sorry to here about this Ash.

Not much that hasn't already been said, I guess you will have to wait and see what they say on thursday and look at your options.

Bizarra makes a good point if you do end up getting another Gen 5 and have the space.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links