Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Yaris Stacks Up - Canadian Driver Magazine

flashman

Casting aside favouritism to Yaris, considering just the styling alone and looking only at these pictures, I am inclined to disagree with the writer. The best looking car in this line-up is the last one, the red 2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan. The frontal area is skillfully chiselled with a gently rising body line through to the rear boot. It looks 'balanced' and more appealing. It also looks more expensive than it's asking price, the cheapest of this bunch.

Maybe in the nest revision, Yaris front end can be trimmed a bit. I think the front valance is a ted too tall, giving the car a bulbous look.

Many thanks for the interesting link.

--

Bee.

Out of the lot i prefer the look of the yaris and i wasnt to keen on it at all to start with!

It looks alot better in RS trim!

CB :thumbsup:

The best looking car in this line-up

Bee.

Well, Bee. All I can say is I've owned 2 Saabs - a '79 900T 4 dr and a '99 9-3 so

looks are all in the eye of the beholder. Not a lot of people liked the looks of the '79,

especially, but the SOB would run rings around anything Detroit was producing at

the time and was relatively safe, so with a new baby in the family, that is why we

bought it. Besides, it had a sunroof, which is more than I can say for my new Yaris.

You do not drive a Saab so much as aim it.

In the same garage was a Pontiac 6000 STE. Nice car and fairly tight too but a dog in

terms of get up and go compared with the (thrilling) Saab.

The Yaris decision was driven by economics and fun-to-drive quotient as well as

reputation from Europe. I live in a city approaching 1m population. I had owned

two small cars before: a Mitsubishi (Dodge Colt turbo) and a '68 MGB, way back when.

(The last MGB with chrome bumpers and grille.)

I think the grey Yaris will look sharp with a set of black mags. What say you?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links