Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit Access

chenks

no i only have the standard length stalk which is about 4cm long... i only need it to be like another 2cm in length

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chenks

• Johndcfc

• p11p

• man-bing

job done

certainly wasn't a 5min job though !!

was quite a job getting the air vents off... just gave them a yank in the end (didn't damage anything)

only problem i had was one of the 4 bolts (screws) front left.. wouldn't screw back in properly... feels like the thread on the hole has gone.. so the top of headunit now sits just slightly off from the top of the fascia.. about a couple of mm.

might try and get a bolt with a slightly bigger thread and hopefully that will fix that.

job done

certainly wasn't a 5min job though !!

was quite a job getting the air vents off... just gave them a yank in the end (didn't damage anything)

only problem i had was one of the 4 bolts (screws) front left.. wouldn't screw back in properly... feels like the thread on the hole has gone.. so the top of headunit now sits just slightly off from the top of the fascia.. about a couple of mm.

might try and get a bold with a slightly bigger thread and hopefully that will fix that.

Does the steering wheel remote work with the kit?

haven't tested that yet... only did the main installation of the cabling.

will finished off the ipod set up tomorrow.

got it all set up now.

i can't work out how to get into the dension menu though.

the manual says select CD6 choose setup then press FF.. but i don't have a FF button on the head unit !

the steering controls DO work for me... well the track up/down button changes the playing track

got it all set up now.

i can't work out how to get into the dension menu though.

the manual says select CD6 choose setup then press FF.. but i don't have a FF button on the head unit !

it would appear the steering controls don't work though... well the track up/down button didn't appear to do anything

Aye, I had that issue - what you do to get a FF button is hold track forward till it beeps. There isnt that much you can setup/change tho.

Cheers

John

just want to make sure the charge option is set properly.. don't want it charging after the ignition is off.

well the one for the toyta is slightly different to what the picture shows

the actual dension adaptor is quite small (about same length as ipod nano..and half the width)

however between that and the headunit there is a fairly bulky black box that converts the dension cable to headunit specific cabling.

it all fits behind the centre console though (where i fitted mine)

----------------------

update to my previous post regarding steering control.

the steering controls DO work for me... well the track up/down button changes the playing track

the actual dension adaptor is quite small (about same length as ipod nano..and half the width)

however between that and the headunit there is a fairly bulky black box that converts the dension cable to headunit specific cabling.

----------------------

update to my previous post regarding steering control.

Did you have a CD changer before the install?

no i didn't.. .i just had the standard headunit that comes with the T-Sport (W58818 - has cd changer controls on the headunit though if that makes any difference)

no i didn't.. .i just had the standard headunit that comes with the T-Sport (W58818 - has cd changer controls on the headunit though if that makes any difference)

Mine works on the headunit - just not the steering wheel - I wonder if its because toyota updated the steering wheel with the 04> models?

did you attact this black box in any way or did you just leave it hanging behind the headunit?

i used some sticky pads to stick it the panel behind the console (which means that it is easily accessible if i need to get into the cables for any reason

i didn't put it in the glovebox... i fed the cable into the cubby hole just below the temperature buttons etc (just drilled a hole big enough for the round cable end to fit thru)

this way it's easily accessible for both driver and passenger.. and no-one will no it's ever there unless they open the cubby hole flap.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man-bing, bit off the topic but do you know what size speakers fit into the front door of a corolla e12? i've been told that 5.25" will fit?? is this correct? thanks

Yes it's correct.these are the photos;

son1.jpg

son2.jpg

son3.jpg

• 1 year later...
ok guys, just received my dension ipod kit

all it requires me to do is plug a cable into the cd changed port at the back.

so what is the easiest way of getting to this without destroying my dashboard.

i plan to fit the rest of the kit in the glovebox area, as it's nice and close to the headunit anyway.

Hey chenks, I'm considering getting hold of a dension ipod kit like yourself. The website I'm looking at gives a choice of headunit adapters (Navi, or the Panasonic), but isn't very clear on how to identify which is which.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car...ink_Gateway_100

I've already established I've got a W58814 radio, but seeing as you've bought and fitted a dension wondered if you could recommend another site to get this from or give us any tips on how to decide between the two connectors offered?

Cheers for any help you can give :thumbsup:

Toyota changed the plugs on the facelift cars. the ones on the pre-facelift were much more chunky.

If you have a w58814 I think you have a new radio, the only way to tell is to pull the radio out. or the other tell tale give away is the steering wheel controls, if yours are on the spokes then you have a new type radio.

Toyota changed the plugs on the facelift cars. the ones on the pre-facelift were much more chunky.

If you have a w58814 I think you have a new radio, the only way to tell is to pull the radio out. or the other tell tale give away is the steering wheel controls, if yours are on the spokes then you have a new type radio.

Not sure what you mean by facelift (new body kit colour collection corollas?), but yeah the steering wheel stereo controls are on the left spoke sure enough.

I've already pulled the radio out and looked at the back. The CD changer plug is some sort of 12 pin connector and doesn't look too chunky (about half an inch wide). It also states it's a panasonic on the serial label.

My main problem is which kit to order from the website to get the right plug, as none really shows pics of the plugs.....

I've also spotted another bit of kit similar to the dension from dice electronics, if anyone has had any experience with either and know what plugs they are supplied with and where from then please let us know:

http://www.incaripod.com/Brand/DICE_Electr...Integration_Kit

both connectors are 12 pin.

toymini.jpg

on the left connector is an old connector. 1 row of 7 pins and 1 row of 5 pins for pre-facelift cars.

on the right is the new connector 2 rows of 6 pins. - I think you have this one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links