Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Upholstery Problems

Malcolm Hutchinson

Does anyone have experience of uphostery problems on the Avensis. My dealer is arranging total reupholstering due to fluff and bits sticking to original upholstery 'like glue'. Impossible to clean -unless you have a week to spare. Car is now one year old and getting parts is taking a long time. I am a bit concerned that local upholsterer will not be able to match original factory trim. Has nayone else experienced this problem and resolved it successfully? Also interested to hear about wind noise at motorway speeds. Have heard this a couple of times in my model and will now try to track it.

Sorry, cant help you on upholstery but am interested in your experience of wind noise, anything above 70mph in my car and i'm driving in a gale. Dealer is trying to sort it but it's a bit hit and miss.I would be interested to hear about wind noise levels from other Avensis drivers.

• 2 months later...

not so much as a problem as wind noise but when it was raining i could not see out of my wing mirrors so i fitted climeair side deflectors sorted the problem out and made the car quieter somehow.:)

I have had 2 Avensis, a GLS and a CDX both of which suffered from wind noise.

Try shutting the center vent completly as somtimes it stops before it is in the fully closed position. This cut a bit of the noise out on my GLS.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links