Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Project Car

Mullie

I'm 15 now going on 16 in April and I'm looking for a project car for the summer (I'll be getting the car in the Summer) which would be the best one to go for

a 98 Glanza S

Pros

Tunalbe

good looking

Cons

there everywhere in Ireland

Cynos

pros

There also good looking

There Rare on Irish roads

same enigne as Starlet

Cons

Not many parts for them

Don't hold money as well as the Glanza

Only some Cynoses have the same engine as the Starlet, and they're the feeble 1.3 versions.

Sera?

Just turning 16- you must be havin a laugh!

You have no hope of gettin insured on either of those cars!

Anyway- you aint gonna be drivin(legally) til you're 17.

Glanza- impossible to insure lately cos so many young lads are drivin them- seem to have a bad record on the road at the mo.

Cynos- not as rare as you would think- plenty around but again hard to insure cos most are 1.5litre Jap imports.

I'm 23 drivin a 1.6 Levin, 2yrs NCB, 5yrs Full Clean Licence- 900euro and I can't get a quote for under 1300euro on a Glanza- obviously I aint tryin now since I got the Levin but last renewal, that was my quote.

Fair enough- I'm not tryin to be an ***** but just tellin of my experience!

Personally, I'd like a Glanza- but they are as common as muck where I live. I'm not into overly modified cars myself- in my opinion the Glanza looks stunning as it is, or wit a few subtle mods- no graphics, carbon bonnet or tinted windows

At the Shire The Glanza S which is non turbo I understand the V would be impossible the Cynos also came in a 1.3

To be completely honest mate, i'd ignore what car is most moddable at the min as insurance will be your decider on any car you look at!

A paseo 1.5st or si is group 7 and will cost over £1000 to insure alone, forgetting buying it, taxing it, mot, servicing, petrol and anything that goes wrong whilst you've got it! Dont forget petrol costs is a real cost if you plan on driving a lot!

Personally i like the paseo but im bias.

As Tim said the Sera is an option but they are import only and imports are hard to insure stock let alone with mods!

Dont buy anything untill you are starting to drive, i.e. lessons as your tastes will change greatly and you will get bored of looking at a car you cant drive if you get it over a year before you can take it out!

A possibility is a low cc starlet as you could do a galanza V body conversion so therefore you can look at a Galanza V and insure it although EVERY mod must be declaired and engine mods are a killer!

My 2 cents! Hope that is something to think about mate!! And btw Welcome to TOC!

Matt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links