Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6 - 'stripped Cams''

Boondougal

Hi guys,

First post here but hopeing some friendly people might be able to give me some advice

Basically my friend has a R plate G6 and has been told that her cams have 'stripped'. I not seen it yet myself and don't know what she means by that but she was basically told to take it too the scrap yard by the AA guy so she is in a bit of a pickle.

What i would like to know is where can i find the engine codes for this car and if its the same engine as the standard 1.3 but just with a change of gear box..

Whats peoples thoughts on an engine swap? - not to mod it up or anything and ideally a straight out straight in Job!

I'm guessing if they are different then the G6 engines are in the same pile next to rocking horse poo but would it be an option to put any other engine in complete with gear box? (or swapt he boxes over maybe)..at the monent i have found a 1997 1.6 corolla that had a massive rear shunt, do we think engine mounts would be the same..obvioulsly need to use the donor engines loom and ECU but what about all the sensors and input?

Any ideas welcome!!

Cheers guys

g6 has the 4EFE engine 1.3

G6r has the 4AFE engine1.6

The 4EFE should be easy to get hold of mate and would be a straight swap into the car you will be able to keep the g6 box as it's 6 speed and thats rare to get hold of :thumbsup:

I am not sure if the 4afe and the 4efe gear boxes are the same. But I do know on that the SR had the same engine and the 6 speed gear box was a straight swap :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links