Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Copmressor Or Not

The Gooner

since only had 40miles on the clock i am guessing you guys pay about 17k-18k ? cant see toyota dealer lowering the price too much.

just had a look at my compressor and that as you call strut brace is not on my 06 compressor .now looking at the photo correct me if im wrong but what you are calling a strut brace actually looks like a damper similar to what supports the tailgate .does the yellow triangle on the tube indicate the unit is under pressure as in gas pressure.if so it seems as if it is a damper for what i cant see what it would do :unsure: .mine has the brackets but the brackets are not very robust indicating not to much load could be passed through them!!!!

OK, so what does it damp?? Then my front "strut brace" is also a damper.

Facelift T-Sport has a similar in front from TTE! :yes:

just had a look at my compressor and that as you call strut brace is not on my 06 compressor .now looking at the photo correct me if im wrong but what you are calling a strut brace actually looks like a damper similar to what supports the tailgate .does the yellow triangle on the tube indicate the unit is under pressure as in gas pressure.if so it seems as if it is a damper for what i cant see what it would do :unsure: .mine has the brackets but the brackets are not very robust indicating not to much load could be passed through them!!!!

the front strut brace on mine is a solid bar as a strut brace is normally. :thumbsup:

I don't think its actually a damper, i think its a spring. a damper absorbs excitation, a spring would resist torsion.

Just my 2P worth

the front strut brace on mine is a solid bar as a strut brace is normally. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know it is, but not on facelift T-Sport. So if it isn't a type of strut brace in the back of my car why would Toyota put it there?? Extra weight? :lol:

I've seen the rear strutbraces on other cars too! But on facelift T-Sport Toyota has put a pair of "damper" strut braces or wathever they are :P

Toyota maybe wanted it too be a little more "not so stiff" ;)

Then on the Compressor they choosed a "normal" one...

Who knows :yahoo:

Yeah, I know it is, but not on facelift T-Sport. So if it isn't a type of strut brace in the back of my car why would Toyota put it there?? Extra weight? :lol:

I've seen the rear strutbraces on other cars too! But on facelift T-Sport Toyota has put a pair of "damper" strut braces or wathever they are :P

why dont you undo it and see exatly what it does and if we dont hear from you we know it was spring loaded :yahoo:

why dont you undo it and see exatly what it does and if we dont hear from you we know it was spring loaded :yahoo:

Yeah right, wiseass! :P

Yeah right, wiseass! :P

phew thought we had lost you there :thumbsup:

I'm guessing with the compressor, that rather than increase spring/damper rate on the shocks themselves they tried to address handling issues in other ways that would not adversly affect ride comfort? hence the fancy strut brace type gubbinz.

I would definitely go for the Compressor if it wasn't about the money! :drool:

But with the extra cash I dont know if you get that much more!

It's also cool to have a engine without superchargers, smaller than 2.0 L, but near 200HP!! :yahoo: (I said near)

That makes 105 break horsepower per litre!! :thumbsup:

To be honest money is the issue, I bought a SR 6 months ago new and now wife wants to change for a Tsport so I dont want to put much more into it, one I have seen is an 05 plate Tsport 8000 miles. I think garage has a compressor in so might try them both to be sure before I buy, but after havint a pre face lift 04 Tsport I do like the lift. Any way will see soon buut for now am leaning towards the tsport

I would definitely go for the Compressor if it wasn't about the money! :drool:

But with the extra cash I dont know if you get that much more!

It's also cool to have a engine without superchargers, smaller than 2.0 L, but near 200HP!! :yahoo: (I said near)

That makes 105 break horsepower per litre!! :thumbsup:

To be honest money is the issue, I bought a SR 6 months ago new and now wife wants to change for a Tsport so I dont want to put much more into it, one I have seen is an 05 plate Tsport 8000 miles. I think garage has a compressor in so might try them both to be sure before I buy, but after havint a pre face lift 04 Tsport I do like the lift. Any way will see soon buut for now am leaning towards the tsport

OK, let us know when you have made the decision! :toast:

Well Ive finally done it, I have bought a facelift Tsport. 05 plate. in silver.

Dealer let me have a good play in it and was well happy cant wait to pick it up now.

Had a go in compresor as well, it is very nice but i enjoyed driving the tsport more, I think its the lift at 6200 althought the compressor is very quick and acceleration comes in hard quicker I get a buzz out of the lift.

Anyway just got to arraange for sat nav transfer and we are away.

thanks for all advice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links