Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen7 Fob Clicks, Different Modes...

Big_Sid

I found an old post from way back about the different modes depending on the number of clicks of the lock button on a Gen 7. It doesn't mention this in the handbook, but I was always under the impression that it was...

Press LOCK once - Lock doors.

Press LOCK twice - Arms alarm.

Press LOCK three times - Dead locks doors.

Is that correct, or have I been pressing three times and disabling my alarm for the last four years?

Ok pressing:

Once - Doors lock

Twice - Dead locks

Three - No idea. I've just looked in my hand book and it does not mention anything on this. I'd guess that it doesn't do anything, or surely it would be listed in the key remote section.

Ok pressing:

Once - Doors lock

Twice - Dead locks

Three - No idea. I've just looked in my hand book and it does not mention anything on this. I'd guess that it doesn't do anything, or surely it would be listed in the key remote section.

I believe 3 Clicks is to diable the interior sensors in case you have pets or something in the car

Is it true the alarm can be set to lock the doors automatically a certain amount of time after you start to drive - a sort anti-hijak feature? if so, how would you get that set/enabled?

That is true, I've seen a TSB on newcelica.org that explains how to change the setting. I was sure three clicks did do something because the lights flash differently... one long flash as opposed to the normal short one. The disabling of the interior sensors does seem to make sense with other stuff I've read. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links