Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis – Any Imminent Spec. Upgrades/offers In The Pipeline?

Caleguy

I notice that Toyota have had offers on various models in their range, such as 0% finance on selected models of Yaris, Auris etc. since the start of the year, which have continued into the second quarter, but nothing for the Avensis.

Also, although they have brought out the TR (last year ?), and dropped the T3 models, the Colour collection/T2 specification has remained the same for sometime; Does anyone know if these models are going to get an improved spec. anytime soon, or whether Toyota have any imminent offers on the Avensis, such as 0% finance? (Given that we are into the second quarter, I’m guessing not, but I thought I would check to see if anyone was privy to such information, before I try and make a deal for a new (probably CC) Avensis)

BTW, as there have been quite a number of new models launched by competitors (Mondeo, Mazda 6 etc.), not to mention the ‘Credit Crunch’ and other financial problems, Toyota don’t seem particularly pro-active with regard to the Avensis – It seems too early to be a result of the new model in 2009/10, so are they simply happy with the volume of sales for the Avensis as things are?

TIA

The Avensis is not a high volume model in the retail world, but it is in the fleet world. Don't expect to see many deals on Avensis until later in the year. As always, when a model runs out, you will see upgraded specs and special offers, I doubt that will hapen until Q4 (Sept-Dec). You can never be certain of things but that would be an educated guess

Kingo :thumbsup:

The Avensis is not a high volume model in the retail world, but it is in the fleet world. Don't expect to see many deals on Avensis until later in the year. As always, when a model runs out, you will see upgraded specs and special offers, I doubt that will hapen until Q4 (Sept-Dec). You can never be certain of things but that would be an educated guess

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Toyota, and they say that there are currently no plans to add any Avensis models to the 0% finance offer :(

Oh well, guess I'll just have to see how much of a discount I can get!

Get a price off drivethedeal.com and then see the look on the dealers face! It will save a lot of hassle if they can beat it great, if they will match it you wont need to haggle.

Get a price off drivethedeal.com and then see the look on the dealers face! It will save a lot of hassle if they can beat it great, if they will match it you wont need to haggle.

Great minds think alike (or should that be 'fools seldom differ’! ;) ) - checked out DTD yesterday, as well as one or two other similar sites - as you suggest, some substantial discounts available!

Time to see what the local dealer can manage… :unsure:

Great minds think alike (or should that be 'fools seldom differ’! ;) ) - checked out DTD yesterday, as well as one or two other similar sites - as you suggest, some substantial discounts available!

I used carfile they were very good everything was done via a Toyota main dealer

I used carfile they were very good everything was done via a Toyota main dealer

Thanks for the information.

I wonder how many people actually use this method for making a purchase, rather than for just pricing?

I think I’ll make another post about purchase through car brokers, to see what other people’s experiences have been with this method of purchase.

I was looking to buy an Avensis today. When we started talking money the dealer began with the list price as if there was no possiblity of any discount. I mentioned drivethedeal and he went straight to their website to check the drivethedeal cost. Interestingly he only had to type "dr" in the IE address bar for the drivethedeal website to be shown confirming that he has visited the drivethedeal website before. He also mentioned that Toyota have been trying to find out which dealers are supplying cars for drivethedeal customers presumably so they can be stopped. I suspect this has already happened with BMW as the BMW list prices are now very similar to the drivethedeal ones. A few months ago significant savings could be made on BMW list prices using drivethedeal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links