Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Suppression

kp001

Does anyone know how I can turn off my front passenger airbag on my 55 plate Yaris? there is no factory fitted switch on this model/year. I wish to fit a rear facing car seat. Failing that someone mentioned recently that there is a device on the market that you can buy on the Internet that will stop the airbag hitting the seat. Anyone know about this?

Does anyone know how I can turn off my front passenger airbag on my 55 plate Yaris? there is no factory fitted switch on this model/year. I wish to fit a rear facing car seat. Failing that someone mentioned recently that there is a device on the market that you can buy on the Internet that will stop the airbag hitting the seat. Anyone know about this?

Personally i would'nt try anything to immobilise the airbag. If it's possible to have it immobilised, then take it to the dealers and have them do it. Airbag's can potentially kill if it goes off in your face!!

The internet, (esp ebay) is full of useless junk that claims to do this/that ect.... imo it's just not worth taking the risk!!

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

The front passenger airbag can be disabled on the 55 model Yaris. (INFORMATION BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY 54 PLATE YARIS T3)

If you open your passenger door you will find a key switch on the end of the dashboard moulding .(MOST PEOPLE MISS THIS) ;)

Insert your ignition key in the switch and turn.

A light should display on your dashboard telling you that the front passenger airbag is disabled.

NEVER FIT ANY AFTERMARKET DEVICES FOR DISABLING AIRBAGS...........YOUR INSURANCE WILL BE INVALIDATED

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links