Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Plz!

wazza_13

Hi, i finally got my 2003 celica 140bhp today and im very happy with it. But can any of you help me with the following:

1. Passenger side mirror will not work, although driver side is fine.

2. I could hear a scraping noise coming from the back when driving, thought my exhuast had fallen off but it hadnt, could it be the brakes? It happens sometimes.

3. What does trip A and B show coz it seems to me BOTH are showing me how many miles iv done.

4. Just before i turned my engine off there was a loud fan noise above the engine? Is that normal? (to cool engine down im guessing?)

Any help would be appriciated.

THANKS

Hi, i finally got my 2003 celica 140bhp today and im very happy with it. But can any of you help me with the following:

1. Passenger side mirror will not work, although driver side is fine.

2. I could hear a scraping noise coming from the back when driving, thought my exhuast had fallen off but it hadnt, could it be the brakes? It happens sometimes.

3. What does trip A and B show coz it seems to me BOTH are showing me how many miles iv done.

4. Just before i turned my engine off there was a loud fan noise above the engine? Is that normal? (to cool engine down im guessing?)

Any help would be appriciated.

THANKS

Ok i take it you have electric mirrors, take it off check wiring and the motor, fan noise when at a stand still is quite normal so dont worry about that. As for the scraping could it be a tyre on the wheel arch, have you checked your rear suspension is ok, is there any panels hanging off anywhere. sorry i cant be more help ive never had a gen 7 celica.

i do have a wheel arch missing on the front passenger side but that part has been ordered and will be fitted this week. Can at all help me with the functions of the trip computer as i really hoped it would have one telling me my average mpg, like my brothers golf.

if that scraping noise sounds like the exhaust has falling off, jack the car up and check that the aluminium cover isn't loose that guards the petrol tank, I had the same problem, I just ripped it of

1. Cant help with the wing mirror, you'll need to have a look at that or get an auto electrician to have a nose.

2. The scraping noise is also worth having looked at as the noise shouldn't be there.

3. Trip A and B are two trip meters. You choose which one to display with the button next to them, and you can reset them individually by just holding the button in on whichever one you're currently on. I use mine for example, A as how many miles I've done since filling up, and B as like a total mileage so I can use it for servicing reasons. They don't have an average fuel consumption gauge or stuff like that.

4. The fan noise could be a number of things really, it depends on whether the car had been warmed up fully or not.

I know it's not much help, but there you go!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links