Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirror Fitting

u47sb2

Hopefully a quick one this - I need to replace my L/H wing mirror (non-electric). Can someone post a guide on removal of the remains of the old one and how to fit the new one?

Many thanks, Steven

Hopefully a quick one this - I need to replace my L/H wing mirror (non-electric). Can someone post a guide on removal of the remains of the old one and how to fit the new one?

Many thanks, Steven

The usual thing to do is gently prise out the old one, with a thin flat bar or screwdriver. Take care not to damage anything, though! They usually have a type of ball joint that just needs popping out and popping the new one back in. :P

Many thanks, Steven

To replace the mirror glass is quite simple as 'gar' mentioned above, there are 2 ball joint type clips at the bottom of the mirror spaced about 3 inches apart (from memory)you need to place your thin flat (the wider the better) screwdriver in between these, you then push the tool you are using away from you eg towards the body of the mirror housing. once you hear a popping sound you pull the mirror glass downwards to disengage the locating pegs at the top of the glass. Just look at the replacement glass and you will understand exactly how it fits.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, should have said that it's the whole wing mirror assembly that I'm replacing as the end of the plastic bit as well as the glass is broken.

Sorry, should have said that it's the whole wing mirror assembly that I'm replacing as the end of the plastic bit as well as the glass is broken.

Then it is most likely you will have to remove the plastic trim from inside the car, unscrew the mirror housing and re-fit the new one. Some cars you may even have to remove the inner door card to do this... Not sure about theses without looking in the Haynes book!

• 6 years later...

I have the Yaris(2009) I took off the trimming and underneath is a plastic cover and although it seems to be hinged, on closer look the cover looks like it's moulded the the rest of the inside of the door panel. Do you know if I should take a chance and try and prise it off or should I take off the whole door panel(hope not)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links