Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Ride The New 1.33 Already?

mela

Hi

Just a question. As I said before I choosed to buy the 1.4D I drove the 1.33 but it wasn't what I was expecting for. The dealer said that he wasn't expecting for me not to like but I didn't, because the clutch is heavy and difficult to change gears, and a little noisy in the road maybe in the highway is better. Have you tried one ? What do you think??? :rolleyes:

I didn't notice much difference between my 1.3 and the 1.33 I test drove.

In actual fact - we have two 2008 1.3s and my wife notices a big difference in the heaviness of the clutch and the gearbox between the two - so I suspect what you've noticed is just down to car to car variations rather than any specific differences between the 1.33 and 1.4.

They'll both have the same gearbox and if the clutches aren't identical, the 1.4 ought to have the heavier clutch because it needs to cater for the extra torque of the 1.4 diesel engine....

Again, there will be a difference in noise levels between the petrol and diesel because they are working at different "revs" (the petrol engine will be running at higher revs for the same road speed), bu tthe petrol engine will be smoother than the diesel, so again, its a matter of personal choice....

They'll both have the same gearbox and if the clutches aren't identical, the 1.4 ought to have the heavier clutch because it needs to cater for the extra torque of the 1.4 diesel engine....

Again, there will be a difference in noise levels between the petrol and diesel because they are working at different "revs" (the petrol engine will be running at higher revs for the same road speed), bu tthe petrol engine will be smoother than the diesel, so again, its a matter of personal choice....

The gear boxes are different between the 1.3 and the 1.33 and the noise level is lot lower in the 1.33. The engine and gear box is from the Auris which has replaced the 1.4.

The whole car is significantly quieter due to having extra noise insulation and a more refined engine, the revs are also lower due to the having a 6th gear. You have to double check that he engine is actually running when stationery by looking at the rev counter :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links