Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Land Cruiser Replacement Remote Key

cv1

hi folks, i have an original master key (black) and ordered a replacement remote as i wanted to have a spare. was able to successfully program the lock+unlock stage but when i followed the instructions for the immobiliser programming it did not work. when i talked with tech support of the place i bought the key from, they hypothesised that perhaps the key they sent me contained a transponder chip for the "grey" key. the only difference in the programming instructions is the number of times you press and release the accelerator and brake pedals (5 and 6 versus 4 and 5). i tried the instructions for the grey key and it worked perfectly.

does anyone know the difference between these two transponder chips? typically the grey key is supposed to be a valet key which does not unlock the trunk and glove compartment -- i honestly did not try the glove compartment but this replacement key unlocked the trunk (although in the case of the land cruiser, i guess that is irrelevant so i should try the glove! :) ).

let's say hypothetically i lose the original master key. if i have the "replacement" BLACK key, would i be able to use that to program other keys or not? i am assuming that with this replacement grey key i definitely will not be able to program other keys.

thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links