Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Loading A Avatar?

rambler

hi folks

i want to upload a small picture,either from my own photos preferably or from elswhere to put where people have there 'avatars',but dont understand about loading from a 'url'??.

can i load a photo from my own collection,or is this not allowed??....

thanks,rambler

would like this picture as attached ....as im a keen walker, if could be shrunk....a little

post-70926-1247773707_thumb.jpg

Edited by rambler

hi folks

i want to upload a small picture,either from my own photos preferably or from elswhere to put where people have there 'avatars',but dont understand about loading from a 'url'??.

thanks,rambler

would like this picture as attached ....as im a keen walker, if could be shrunk....a little

Hi Rambler,

under the "important topics" section at the top of the forum index is a section called "technical information hints and tips. There is an excellent article by Chatman on doing exactly what you wish to achieve. The boots look as comfortable as a pair of slippers :thumbsup:

hi folks

thanks,rambler

Hi Rambler,

under the "important topics" section at the top of the forum index is a section called "technical information hints and tips. There is an excellent article by Chatman on doing exactly what you wish to achieve. The boots look as comfortable as a pair of slippers :thumbsup:

Rambler give this tutorial a go....See Here

For image hosting most on here use www.photobucket.com this is to store the images...See Here

Should have your boots up on line in no time..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hi folks

thanks,rambler

Hi Rambler,

Rambler give this tutorial a go....See Here

For image hosting most on here use www.photobucket.com this is to store the images...See Here

Should have your boots up on line in no time..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hi chatman

looking for that 'copy image location' ,i guess thats a right click on mouse,but 'copy image location' isnt there on my computer,only 'copy', or 'copy to'.

but it still seems to 'paste' the image location on to the avatar 'url' slot,but then doesnt accept it,says error....sorry....i aint much good with these things,shame i cant just up load from my personal photo collection,like when we 'browse' for attachments here,i find that farely simple......never mind :rolleyes:

Hi Rambler

If you upload your photo into photobucket then hovver over the image with your cursor it will drop down some boxes with links. Right click and copy the direct link;

ramblersrav.jpg

Now open your assistant and click on the edit avatar link;

editavitar.jpg

Then paste the link into the "enter a url to an online avatar image" box;

loadavitar.jpg

The scaler should downsize the image for the avatar but if not save the image at a lower resolution first.

Good luck!

hi anchorman

when i hovver mouse over 'direct link' on photobucket,the choices ' copy' are not highlighted or available....only 'select all',which is bottom link.

i can right click on 'direct link' ,it then turns blue ,but then cant 'paste' into avatar slot as again 'paste' isnt available

pherhaps i need to alter my mouse settings....somehow,have looked at 'control panel',but cant seem to see how to 'highlight' other choices so i can use them.

sorry to cause all this trouble,all for a pair of boots!!

im off to aldeborough(cant spell it) on suffolk coast for a 11 mile walk this afternoon,then fish and chips on beach for supper...yum

hi anchorman

when i hovver mouse over 'direct link' on photobucket,the choices ' copy' are not highlighted or available....only 'select all',which is bottom link.

i can right click on 'direct link' ,it then turns blue ,but then cant 'paste' into avatar slot as again 'paste' isnt available

pherhaps i need to alter my mouse settings....somehow,have looked at 'control panel',but cant seem to see how to 'highlight' other choices so i can use them.

im off to aldeborough(cant spell it) on suffolk coast for a 11 mile walk this afternoon,then fish and chips on beach for supper...yum

The only other things I can think of is that if you are running windows it might be asking you for permission to run pop ups in a bar above your screen and that if you click on your picture in photobucket to open it and then point at the links it will copy it to your clip board. Other than that you'll have to wait for old Chatters to come back as he is far cleverer than me when it comes to software!!!

I hope you enjoyed your walk.

hi anchorman

The only other things I can think of is that if you are running windows it might be asking you for permission to run pop ups in a bar above your screen and that if you click on your picture in photobucket to open it and then point at the links it will copy it to your clip board. Other than that you'll have to wait for old Chatters to come back as he is far cleverer than me when it comes to software!!!

Rambler....

I use an internet software program called Firefox... This gives me the access to copy direct images from any site... Where as Internet Explorer does not... (I personally don't like IE as it's rubbish IMHO)

So this is why you cant see those direct image copy.

You need to upload your images into a hosting site like the one we have mentioned... www.photobucket.com. Once in there and uploaded your images you can then grab the direct link:

As shown here ramblersrav.jpg

Then add them to your avatar settings as shown in my how too.....

You need to hover over the images to see the above settings... what your referring to is at the bottom of the web page....

I have never been able to upload an avatar from 3rd party host like photobucket, and never been able to find out why.

I can however upload one from my own PC/desktop, try it. :thumbsup:

hi anchorman

Rambler....

I use an internet software program called Firefox... This gives me the access to copy direct images from any site... Where as Internet Explorer does not... (I personally don't like IE as it's rubbish IMHO)

So this is why you cant see those direct image copy.

You need to upload your images into a hosting site like the one we have mentioned... www.photobucket.com. Once in there and uploaded your images you can then grab the direct link:

As shown here ramblersrav.jpg

Then add them to your avatar settings as shown in my how too.....

You need to hover over the images to see the above settings... what your referring to is at the bottom of the web page....

hi folks

think i may have cracked it,avatar seems to have appeared,somehow the 'copy' choices were highlighted this morning,something had changed from yesterday.....yesssssssssssssssssss...all for a pair of boots :D :D :D :D :D

thank you all

SUPERB !!!!!!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Another happy customer........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links