Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Son Has Swine Flu.

Calisto

. . . i'm really doing my best here to refrain from what i really want to say to you . . .

. . . people like you make me want to react in a manner of which i might regret. . .

. . . danny k has really got my goat on this one . . .

Wow! Such anger from Balli hi. What have I done? In the words of the plaintive cry from McNulty in 'The Wire' - "WTF did I do?"

I'm sorry to have upset you, Balli hi - particularly as you are probably still recovering from being ill to so notorious a virus. It was not my intention to rile you so. Sorry.

I've re-read my post, (didn't I start off by saying something about asking you in a 'polite and friendly' manner?) No matter, it was such a long post it was probably overlooked - just as I overlooked the sentence that you point out is an accusation and have personally taken offence to.

And there I must empathise with you and admit I can now see why you would be so angered. I should have rethought that sentence through - I meant it in a kind of incredulous, "I can't believe it's not butter" kind of way. Unfortunately, it's come over quite differently.

And not just you, others see it as you do also. There's no need for you to apologise to No data, as you did, I think Jaine was referring to my post, and not yours, as she states she saw it as an 'argument' as in "Maybe PM your arguments when we are talking about someone's child being ill". So, you're not alone in seeing my post as an argument, an attack, however much I try to deny try it. (Do we know each other? Why should I want to anger you?)

I thought by you highlighting the traumas, you and yours had/are going through, it would help those who are now being told not to visit doctor's surgeries but to stay at home for fear of spreading the virus, and that you were open to the questions and concerns of others. After all, I didn't start a thread asking for those with Swine Fever to come forward; rather you also opened a thread of your own free will, of your own violation, which would inevitably be used by the readers to personalise this illness, and thus get a handle on things, that until now, we've only read dispassionately of in the papers.

(I've just stopped and reread that last para' and can't be sure that it might also anger)

- however, it is a fact - without coercion, you freely posted details of your family's experiences of this national epidemic - on the Internet; therefore people will leave posts, views etc., in response to that, and in my case - ask questions.

- And boy did I get them answered. In amongst your anger I did see something that clearly threw light on the strange (to me), medical advice to throw open the windows of the patient's room, and that was, ". . . also advised that if it was hot and humid in the house that we were to open windows and draw curtains during the day. . ."

Hot and humid in the house? What? Eh?

- And of course, the weather had turned much, much, cooler when I posted - but you and yours first contracted this illness whilst the country was experiencing a heatwave! It was bad enough for those of us in full health to stay comfortable during the heatwave, let alone those running a temperature, so that advice to those running a temperature whilst in the middle of a heatwave, in those 'hot and humid' conditions, appears to answer my question completely.

However, I wonder if (as the medical authorities insist) that this coming winter, if thousands and thousands of us do succumb to this virus, whether they will offer quite the same advice to open windows during a chilly and icy February? Doh, there I go again with the questions.

Anyway, for my own part, I am rather tired of this nasty disease of Internet forum anger that I encounter almost everywhere I turn these days, no matter what the forum (doesn't seem to happen in real-life face-to-face meetings - well, not as much), and therefore I've decided to cut down my 'contributions' which seem to cause so much trouble on this site.

- And so out of respect for your feelings Balli hi, I will now sign off and abide by the famous advice an irked Clement Attlee, once offered, and that is:

"A period of silence on your part would be most welcome".

Once again, apologies for upsetting you so.

Well I think that everyone will have a different opinion of how to deal with this virus. We can only offer our version of how to cope. My own idea is that each person should do what they think best. I only hope and pray that we at Sproatley stay free of it.................................... :unsure:

. . . i'm really doing my best here to refrain from what i really want to say to you . . .

. . . people like you make me want to react in a manner of which i might regret. . .

. . . danny k has really got my goat on this one . . .

Wow! Such anger from Balli hi. What have I done? In the words of the plaintive cry from McNulty in 'The Wire' - "WTF did I do?"

I'm sorry to have upset you, Balli hi - particularly as you are probably still recovering from being ill to so notorious a virus. It was not my intention to rile you so. Sorry.

I've re-read my post, (didn't I start off by saying something about asking you in a 'polite and friendly' manner?) No matter, it was such a long post it was probably overlooked - just as I overlooked the sentence that you point out is an accusation and have personally taken offence to.

And there I must empathise with you and admit I can now see why you would be so angered. I should have rethought that sentence through - I meant it in a kind of incredulous, "I can't believe it's not butter" kind of way. Unfortunately, it's come over quite differently.

And not just you, others see it as you do also. There's no need for you to apologise to No data, as you did, I think Jaine was referring to my post, and not yours, as she states she saw it as an 'argument' as in "Maybe PM your arguments when we are talking about someone's child being ill". So, you're not alone in seeing my post as an argument, an attack, however much I try to deny try it. (Do we know each other? Why should I want to anger you?)

I thought by you highlighting the traumas, you and yours had/are going through, it would help those who are now being told not to visit doctor's surgeries but to stay at home for fear of spreading the virus, and that you were open to the questions and concerns of others. After all, I didn't start a thread asking for those with Swine Fever to come forward; rather you also opened a thread of your own free will, of your own violation, which would inevitably be used by the readers to personalise this illness, and thus get a handle on things, that until now, we've only read dispassionately of in the papers.

(I've just stopped and reread that last para' and can't be sure that it might also anger)

- however, it is a fact - without coercion, you freely posted details of your family's experiences of this national epidemic - on the Internet; therefore people will leave posts, views etc., in response to that, and in my case - ask questions.

- And boy did I get them answered. In amongst your anger I did see something that clearly threw light on the strange (to me), medical advice to throw open the windows of the patient's room, and that was, ". . . also advised that if it was hot and humid in the house that we were to open windows and draw curtains during the day. . ."

Hot and humid in the house? What? Eh?

- And of course, the weather had turned much, much, cooler when I posted - but you and yours first contracted this illness whilst the country was experiencing a heatwave! It was bad enough for those of us in full health to stay comfortable during the heatwave, let alone those running a temperature, so that advice to those running a temperature whilst in the middle of a heatwave, in those 'hot and humid' conditions, appears to answer my question completely.

However, I wonder if (as the medical authorities insist) that this coming winter, if thousands and thousands of us do succumb to this virus, whether they will offer quite the same advice to open windows during a chilly and icy February? Doh, there I go again with the questions.

Anyway, for my own part, I am rather tired of this nasty disease of Internet forum anger that I encounter almost everywhere I turn these days, no matter what the forum (doesn't seem to happen in real-life face-to-face meetings - well, not as much), and therefore I've decided to cut down my 'contributions' which seem to cause so much trouble on this site.

- And so out of respect for your feelings Balli hi, I will now sign off and abide by the famous advice an irked Clement Attlee, once offered, and that is:

"A period of silence on your part would be most welcome".

Once again, apologies for upsetting you so.

I've read the post above , through a couple of times , apologie accepted by the way , also please accept mine for reacting as i did , the thing is you came across in an accusing sarcastic and patronising manner in your previous post , and even your post above has patronising / sarcastic overtones , quote " I thought by you highlighting the traumas, you and yours had/are going through, it would help those who are now being told not to visit doctor's surgeries but to stay at home for fear of spreading the virus, and that you were open to the questions and concerns of others. After all, I didn't start a thread asking for those with Swine Fever to come forward; rather you also opened a thread of your own free will, of your own violation, which would inevitably be used by the readers to personalise this illness, and thus get a handle on things, that until now, we've only read dispassionately of in the papers. " ,

also " Anyway, for my own part, I am rather tired of this nasty disease of Internet forum anger that I encounter almost everywhere I turn these days, no matter what the forum (doesn't seem to happen in real-life face-to-face meetings - well, not as much), and therefore I've decided to cut down my 'contributions' which seem to cause so much trouble on this site. " end quote .

You come across as a deep thinking intelligent yet troubled individual , thats not an attempt at sarcasm by the way , just how i see it .

So as said , apologie accepted , there's no need to place yourself in exile , i'd like to think that we can have some more pleasant exchanges in the future .

Anyway , to get things back on topic , first and foremost i hope calisto's son Alex is over the worst now and back to better health .

Now Danny , let me explain in brief what happens when you phone NHS DIRECT , an operator takes your call , asks for your personal details and whether or not you are calling for youself or someone else , asks what the problem is , and what the symptoms are , notes everything down , then explains that a doctor or nurse will call back a.s.a.p , on each occassion we were called back by a nurse who discussed our symtoms and then gave advice on what to do . As said we phoned 4 or 5 times in all , a few times for daniel and a few times for my wife and i , although in the main the advice was pretty much the same , each time we phoned we got a different nurse who would add some additional advice , hence " to open windows and draw the curtains in the patients room during the day "and some of the advice even conflicted slightly on the previous advice given , but to repeat the main thing was to keep an eye on our temperatures and as said daniels was 38.7 , we were advised to reduce it and make regular checks .

So you see its not as you see it , standard advice and in your words " as the medical authorities insist " its just individual nurses giving advice as they see it , so you can rest assured you won't be told to throw open your windows in the middle of a chilly and icy february . ( i hope )

In your first post you stated that my advice was wrong , which is why you wanted to take issue with me , and you posted some copied text , contradicting my advice , however i would appreciate it if you would kindly take a look at this link please , because it backs up what i have been told , if you read it through you will see that you were correct in what you stated regards the bodys way of reacting and killing the virus with high body temperature , however they sum up by saying that the general medical concencus right now falls on the " reduce the fever side of the fence ".

http://health.howstuffworks.com/question45.htm

Calisto , it would be good to learn of Alex's progress :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links