Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help-auris Experience-problems!

vti-chris

Well it's been 1.5 years since i bought the Auris 1.4 D4D and up to now it's been giving me lots and lots of troubles...from the car itself to the Toyota service.

First things first:

-Got the car new and had some tire-road noise and clicking noises when turning the steering wheel left(right-driver seat).Took it to the garage...for the tire noise no comment(said nothing is wrong), OK!! For the clicking steering wheel they said is the steering column and this is how it is designed. THEN, i said OK...didn't even bother.

-A few KKms later and the drivers seat was moving. Took it in and they replaced the base of the seat.

-Front brakes squeak...replaced

-Then dashboard squeaks...took it in...they only said we have to completely remove it...why i don't know...and did nothing.

-Most serious

Engine lost power from 1000rpms-2200rpms.

Took it to the garage...the mechanic their said...yes there is in did a problem and we will try to find out what it is, although the ECU doesn't show anything, but we did drive it and it feels slower. THEN i said OK we are in the right way.

After taking the car in for various experimentations...fitting and changing fuel pumps, injectors and other engine peripherals there comes the senior garage mechanic. "There is nothing with the car", i explained the problem and replies "so you need more power down low" ...i say NO the car lost power and i need it fixed.Replies "so the car is not powerful enough and you wanted more...lets go for a ride on the RAV4 D4D to show you the torque"...WHAT??... i told him i have an Auris 1.4d4d, why don't we go for a ride with the test drive car so that I can show you the difference...and replies "Ooohhh i have to go somewhere there is this guy waiting to get his car"...and leaves leaving me with the michanic that first diagnosed the problem. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

-Anyway after a few here and there they changed the MAP sensor which read a few volts lower...didn't do anything...i told him i'll be back again and replies "fore what? i changed everything on the car and there isn't anything left to do"...like and it should be my problem, i paid 18000euro ($26000) for it and now it's my money thrown away.

-The last visit at the garage was the 30000Km service were they changed the MAP sensor. I also told them i want the clicking noise on the steering wheel(i got ****** off!!)...after the service the senior mechanic said while walking away "i changed the column and it still does it" but there was nothing on the paper that he did changed or or shown me the replaced part...the sound it's exactly the same as before( i can imagine a slight difference would be noticeable if he did really changed it).

Took the car to go home and on the highway it made this loud road-tire noise again but only this time it was unbearable. It was like a truck, i don't know what they did but the car wasn't like this before...i intend to get back on Monday for this but can only imagine their answer!!!

After all these tiring and confusing writing for me and you i got even more tired from all this situation.

I don't know what else to do. I'm from those guys who just want to do their job right and behave politely. As should others do but not in this case. The garage acts like they are paying for anything changed on the car.

I forgot to mention that from all the experimentations on the car when changing and trying different parts...the new ones were removed after the test if it wasn't the problem and the old ones were reinstalled!!

Is there a way i can go legally against them?

Or force them in any way?

A friend from the forum suggested i speak with the marketing department but need to know where should i give more "authority"!!

You are talking about same things that I have experienced with my car and Toyota dealer. There seems to be many problems which Toyota cannot find, and when they finally locate them at the garage there's nothing they can really do about it. They do also seem like they're losing very much if they fix my car so there's plenty of explanations... For example that the problem is maybe caused because I don't use my car like I should (eg. do something wrong).

You should maybe contact Toyota main office and report about how your Toyota dealer is acting-

But I'd suggest you to write a complain to the, how would I explain best... Hmm, the company which is protecting customer's satisfaction. It's not provided by Toyota but by your country. You know, if you buy some product and it's not what you wanted you can complain about it. They are to help you to protect your rights as a customer. So if your car is broken and is not working properly you can write to them that Toyota sold you car which is not Toyota quality and is not working as it should. Write also that at Toyota they cannot locate/fix the problems so you want your money back!! This same thing you can send as a letter to another place, to the shop where you bought your car. Maybe send it to Toyota head office, but I am not sure will it help or not. After doing this you have to just wait and see what will happen, hope it will work.

Best regards, Alex

I bought the car directly from Toyota/head office/showroom in my country...no dealer involved.

I see what you mean about the "customer protection" thing and i think i know which one is here.

Although i first want to try once more and try talking to the manager of the Toyota Group here not the garage guy and see what he has to say about it.

Tell them to change the turbo, and all tubes that links to it.

Another user just told us that he have the same problem, and when they change the turbo and all tubes on it, the 1.4-D4D come alive again.

And that user would be me!

In Portugal, Toyota didn't detect anything on my dealer, and they've contacted the main Toyota in Portugal, found out some problems with some Garret turbos.

Face them about this, tell them that Toyota is aware of this issue. Mine was replaced and the car is new. I've made 2000Kms since the replacement and then all goes ok.

Just a tip. If your car, when is cold, looses power, accelerate it until the 2500RPM just for 2 seconds, the Turbo will wake up and everything is fine (fine, but requires this anytime the car goes cold. Turbo must be replaced anyway).

Try it out.

Hi there I've been reading all these issues about loss of power was wondering if mine is loosing it or not. There is always that effect where u adapt to the car power and want more so not really sure if its an adaption problem or really the car is loosing it. Mine has 55 000 kms what I feel is a dead engine sometimes up until 1500/1800 rpm after that I can feel the power coming up but I cannot be sure if its all coming or not. Is there any simple test we can make like for example put second gear at 1500 rpm and step on it, at 3000 rpm you should be at a certain speed if you're not then you have problems. Something in this terms.

And that user would be me!

In Portugal, Toyota didn't detect anything on my dealer, and they've contacted the main Toyota in Portugal, found out some problems with some Garret turbos.

Face them about this, tell them that Toyota is aware of this issue. Mine was replaced and the car is new. I've made 2000Kms since the replacement and then all goes ok.

Just a tip. If your car, when is cold, looses power, accelerate it until the 2500RPM just for 2 seconds, the Turbo will wake up and everything is fine (fine, but requires this anytime the car goes cold. Turbo must be replaced anyway).

Try it out.

Grippen, my guess is that your car is fine.

On mine, I can also feel what I usually call a Turbo Lag, which means that the car is dead until 1600RPM... This is a problem due to the small engine (it is a 1.4 after all...). If it was a 2.0, we wouldn't feel such a big lag.

I'll describe my situation so it can help someone to identify the Turbo issue:

The problem only happens when the car is cold. When I start it, I try to accelerate (not very much, usually when it is cold I don't pass 2200RPM...), I didn't feel the car. By this I don't mean that I feel the Turbo lag, because the Turbo is of variable Geometry (in portugal we call it a TGV Turbo), it does not exist at all! You accelerate and nothing. I realised the problem easily since when I leave home it has a big ascension. When I passed the carr from 1st gear to 2nd, the car wouldn't pass 30Km/h, because there is no power...

After a little while, the car begins to get hot, and the Turbo wakes up and works fine, really fine.

On my Toyota dealer, they couldn't find the problem. They thought that it was the EGR valve, but it was working ok (they used the car, when it was hot they had to turn it off and wait until it was completly cold, were 2 days of some tests). After some tests, the responsible engineer told me that Toyota was aware of a limited number of problems with the Turbo, that matched my issue, and had no diagnosis on the computer, since it was a mechanical problem, not electronic.

The engineer had my car for 2 days, tested it and realised fast that there was really something wrong.

While the Turbo was arriving, I was using my car with this issue. What I did to overcome it (because when the car is cold this lack of Turbo can become an issue), when the car was cold, after turning it on, I accelerated until 2400RPM one time during nothing more than 2 or 3 seconds and then let it go. This would unlock the turbo and worked ok (since the Turbo was already broken, this wouldn't do any bad...).

I'll be out this weekend, anything anyone needs about this let me know.

Notice that Toyota is aware of this, if you fill this problem, alert your dealer if it claims that does not know what the car has and it is fine.

Mine is the same, no power under 2k rpm, over that it wake up to life. The rev of the engine is rising verry slow under 2k rpm, after that it rise verry fast (that´s most relevant in second gear). It´s working like that from new, i dont know if its a fault or not.

My problem is completely different.

When new it used to kick in at 1800rpm and get full boost at 2200rpm. Now it will get that full boost but without the same kick-feel at around 2500-2600 and under these rpm it doesn't pull so good as before and it gives me the sign to lower gear at hills where i used to get over without it and the car was also pulling much harder with 5th gear on the same road.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links