Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change Of Engine

woodydoobydoo

Hi have just got my Toyota Celica VVTi Gen 7 car back with a new engine well i think it is new as the last one needed to be replaced. Do i need to let DVLA no as the guy who replaced it says i don need to bother :unsure:. So it got me thinking about the new engine i have the number for it. How do you no if its the correct engine? and how can i find out where the enging has come out from ie the same car i mine if anyone could help plaese on this thanks stuart

Hi have just got my Toyota Celica VVTi Gen 7 car back with a new engine well i think it is new as the last one needed to be replaced. Do i need to let DVLA no as the guy who replaced it says i don need to bother :unsure:. So it got me thinking about the new engine i have the number for it. How do you no if its the correct engine? and how can i find out where the enging has come out from ie the same car i mine if anyone could help plaese on this thanks stuart

Don't know how you would check on the history of the new engine - but there is no harm in letting DVLA know that the eng number has changed. If the cops ever stop you and want to check your car thoroughly, DVLA can reveal your chassis and eng numbers to them. Obviously if the eng number doesn't match their records, they may start asking questions ...

Don't know how you would check on the history of the new engine - but there is no harm in letting DVLA know that the eng number has changed. If the cops ever stop you and want to check your car thoroughly, DVLA can reveal your chassis and eng numbers to them. Obviously if the eng number doesn't match their records, they may start asking questions ...

You can tell DVLA if you want but they don't really care. It was decided sometime ago that recording engine changes was pointless as too many get changed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links