Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis

Steve84

Just looking at the new avensis and see when it was first released it had the 177bhp d-cat engine. Looking now and that engine has gone from all price lists and has no mention of it on the toyota webiste. They have a 2.2 d-cat but it says 148bhp with auto box. They do a 2.2 148 bhp manual, after driving several 148bhp d4d's i find they lack the kick of there faster stable mate. Me being 24 like to show others my age in saxo's, 106's etc with big bore exhausts what true power is.

Can anybody say why they have stopped this engine, in my opinion i do 20k plus a year and my current t180 has had a few niggles but has given me many miles of reliable service with mpg around mid 40's on average.

If anyone from toyota reads this post bring back a hatchback avensis and the 177bhp engine.

Also no mention of the 177bhp on the new rav 4 new verso only the auris has the 177bhp engine.

Off topic i work in the motor trade and have heard that toyota are to stop production of the hi-ace is this true?

Thanks in advance

....Me being 24 like to show others my age in saxo's, 106's etc with big bore exhausts what true power is.....

I am sorry but that comment made me smile :D If you really want to show true power, by that I think you mean acceleration, then I am afraid you will have to migrate away from a diesel ;)

As for your other observations I don't have the answers but it seems strange that Mr T should drop the more powerful version of the diesel engine :huh:

....Me being 24 like to show others my age in saxo's, 106's etc with big bore exhausts what true power is.....

I am sorry but that comment made me smile :D If you really want to show true power, by that I think you mean acceleration, then I am afraid you will have to migrate away from a diesel ;)

As for your other observations I don't have the answers but it seems strange that Mr T should drop the more powerful version of the diesel engine :huh:

lol yeah good point by going from diesel but being a toyota fan through and through and high mileage driver diesel is the way to go for me and the 177bhp engine ticked all the boxes

When I ordered my T4 Avensis tourer in January there was definately a 177bhp version in the T4 & T-Spirit spec cars, I went for the 150bhp 2.2 as I had a 1.9CDTI 150 Vectra at the time, I thought the higher torque & 3 more horses would make a good compromise. How wrong I was, the 150 is lacking the grunt the 1.9 Vectra had, maybe the 177 would have been a different tale, so I'm looking into the dreaded tuning boxes again

Hi

I had the 2009 new avensis tourer 2.0 D4D that was so slow my daughters Toyota IQ could out run it !!. I sold that and got the old shape 2.2 150 D4D which is a lot better.

Last week I had the vauxhall Insignia 160 , 2.0 diesel as a loan car, what a car, the engine is fantastic and pulls like a train in any gear a real rocket m/c. the rest of the car is equaly good, I would recomend a test drive before you consider another avensis.

......perhaps he realised that the national speed limit is 60mph (OK 70 on mway) in this country, and, if you accelerate too quickly you'll run into the back of the bloke in front of you in the traffic queue! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
When I ordered my T4 Avensis tourer in January there was definately a 177bhp version in the T4 & T-Spirit spec cars, I went for the 150bhp 2.2 as I had a 1.9CDTI 150 Vectra at the time, I thought the higher torque & 3 more horses would make a good compromise. How wrong I was, the 150 is lacking the grunt the 1.9 Vectra had, maybe the 177 would have been a different tale, so I'm looking into the dreaded tuning boxes again

Hi,

I ordered my T4 Tourer (177bhp) beginning of June & took delivery 2 days ago, guess I got one of last of the 177 versions, shame, it's a cracking engine, better that the Vectra 1.9 Exclusive CDTI 150 that I had before, & smoother to...although rather noisy under hard/full accelaration...but it's not that much of an unpleasant sound to be fair.

Tony

I got a notification through yesterday thanks to Toyota fleet that the 2.2 D-CAT 177 manual is no longer being produced due to so few orders for it. I guess the CO2 output and new capital allowance thresholds for businesses had some thing to do with this!

Thanks,

Simon

Hi

I had the 2009 new avensis tourer 2.0 D4D that was so slow my daughters Toyota IQ could out run it !!. I sold that and got the old shape 2.2 150 D4D which is a lot better.

Last week I had the vauxhall Insignia 160 , 2.0 diesel as a loan car, what a car, the engine is fantastic and pulls like a train in any gear a real rocket m/c. the rest of the car is equaly good, I would recomend a test drive before you consider another avensis.

I have the new T4 2.ltr 125BHP saloon & can't wait to off load.

It is soooo slow, feels every bump in the road, hates corners & don't ever try dropping ftom 6th to 5th, nothing happens.

I doubt the interior will last a year.

A real shame.

I had a choice of company cars & chose the New avensis based on Toyota's reputation.

Mainly driving on motorways, I get approx 43 miles to the gallon too.

I've only covered 7,000 miles so far so will see if Toyota can tweak the car when it goes in for it's 10k service.

Any ideas folks ?

I have the new T4 2.ltr 125BHP saloon & can't wait to off load.

It is soooo slow, feels every bump in the road, hates corners & don't ever try dropping ftom 6th to 5th, nothing happens.

I doubt the interior will last a year.

A real shame.

I had a choice of company cars & chose the New avensis based on Toyota's reputation.

Mainly driving on motorways, I get approx 43 miles to the gallon too.

I've only covered 7,000 miles so far so will see if Toyota can tweak the car when it goes in for it's 10k service.

Any ideas folks ?

That is very disappointing.... seems that the oil burner is not so good :(

Change over to a petrol model with over 140bhp and on motorways can easily give you over 45mpg.... mine does :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links