Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 1.8si Siren Missing On Alarm

clarkey76

Some nice people decided to break into my 1.8si R reg which I have only had for 4 months and nicked all my audio equipment. When I bought it the old boy who had it said the alarm had been removed and I always intended to get it sorted but I guess I left it too late.

They smashed the rear quarter light to test if the alarm went off and then forced the door with a jemmy or something.

All that happens is the hazard lights flash for a while so obviously the alarm is still functioning without a siren.

I can see where there used to be something bolted in the engine compartment drivers side but I can see no wires that have been disconnected. Also the old GLI model, I used to own, had movement sensors inside but the 1.8si doesn't.

Does anyone know what it would cost to have the standard alarm reconnected or would it maybe be better to have a new alarm with movement sensors. I know I need something as I will have some good audio equipment again now that insurers have replaced what was stolen but I will not install it until I have a good alarm.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

I'm currently sanding down the rust from the bottom of a door I bought at a scrapyard (bit of a ripoff as it was supposed to be a really good door) as I was able to get the car from the insurance company since it was total loss (cost more than the value to repair).

Some nice people decided to break into my 1.8si R reg which I have only had for 4 months and nicked all my audio equipment. When I bought it the old boy who had it said the alarm had been removed and I always intended to get it sorted but I guess I left it too late.

They smashed the rear quarter light to test if the alarm went off and then forced the door with a jemmy or something.

All that happens is the hazard lights flash for a while so obviously the alarm is still functioning without a siren.

I can see where there used to be something bolted in the engine compartment drivers side but I can see no wires that have been disconnected. Also the old GLI model, I used to own, had movement sensors inside but the 1.8si doesn't.

Does anyone know what it would cost to have the standard alarm reconnected or would it maybe be better to have a new alarm with movement sensors. I know I need something as I will have some good audio equipment again now that insurers have replaced what was stolen but I will not install it until I have a good alarm.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

I'm currently sanding down the rust from the bottom of a door I bought at a scrapyard (bit of a ripoff as it was supposed to be a really good door) as I was able to get the car from the insurance company since it was total loss (cost more than the value to repair).

Good Evening, for it is one at last!!,,

My understanding, and I am not a mechanic is that the siren is situated within the o/s wing, apparently to get at it you have to probably use a lift, remove front wheel and then the clipped wheel arch cover. :rolleyes: good luck Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links