Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Speaker Configuration

steve1875

Hi all,

I recently bought an 08 plate 2.0 D-4D Avensis which has the colour satnav fitted.

One strange thing though which I'm not sure is correct............. the directions come from the passenger side front speaker rather than the drivers side front speaker. :huh:

I know someone who has a 3 year old Avensis and the directions come from the drivers side so I would be grateful if anyone could confirm if my configuration is correct as I can't find any way to change this in the menu so either it is correct or it was wired incorrectly from new and therefore could I get it changed under warranty????.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Ive got an 08 t180 with the colour sat nav and it comes out of the passanger side, and always has done. Which is great as its like the passanger telling you where to go. Whcih is why I imagine it does it.

Thanks for the replies.

Ive got an 08 t180 with the colour sat nav and it comes out of the passanger side, and always has done. Which is great as its like the passanger telling you where to go. Whcih is why I imagine it does it.

Yeah suppose so, depends how loud your passenger is I suppose as to if you can hear it over the top :D

Went to the dealer today and they weren't sure what was correct. So they contacted Toyota and were told that it can be configured to either side during initial install at factory - looks like pot luck though as the 08 they had on the forecourt was configured to drivers side.

They said it can't be changed under warranty as it isn't a "fault" - fair enough I suppose unless anyone knows any different? I would have thought right hand drive should be right hand speaker, left hand drive left hand speaker.

Anyone know what is the "standard" configuration or where to find it?

Mine comes from just the drivers side.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links