Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airconditioning In My Car Is Leakaing

tczwoju

Hi Guys

I need professional helpand opinion from you.

Now, after when they have changed engine I was having problems with my aircon.

First time I had water in ventilation using aircon during hot days. Aircon has lost an ability to cool down so I went back to the garage and we have found w 2 glasses of water under my glove box. This water went thru ventilation fan causing fan stop working. I could hear strange noise when I was turning left or right. They have found that one of the pipes was blocked so the water has to condensate somewhere. So it did to inside my car.

They fixed this and put the special tracer to check when leakage appears again.

After few weeks I have the same problem now.

Obviously they have did not charge me for first repair due that it was evidently their fault but now I believe manager says it is not their fault and they want to charge me.

I never had any problems with my aircon before engine was changed.

Can you tell me how I can appeal against it and whether they should fix this issue for free? Who should I talk to? Any official department who deals with things like this to help customers with problems.

I heard that I can pay but with some official complaint, I do not know what we call this.

Any help would be really appreciated

Car is going to be in the garage on Monday.

Rgds

Wojciech

cant help but im in a similar position just got the car 4 weeks ago and from day one its been making noises , ie the air con, the garage i got it from is telling me the warrenty they gave me is for engine and gearbox only , yeah right not getting very far with them , good luck

cant help but im in a similar position just got the car 4 weeks ago and from day one its been making noises , ie the air con, the garage i got it from is telling me the warrenty they gave me is for engine and gearbox only , yeah right not getting very far with them , good luck

Was it a Toyota dealer

Hi Guys

First time I had water in ventilation using aircon during hot days. Aircon has lost an ability to cool down so I went back to the garage and we have found w 2 glasses of water under my glove box. This water went thru ventilation fan causing fan stop working. I could hear strange noise when I was turning left or right. They have found that one of the pipes was blocked so the water has to condensate somewhere. So it did to inside my car.

Obviously they have did not charge me for first repair due that it was evidently their fault but now I believe manager says it is not their fault and they want to charge me.

Can you tell me how I can appeal against it and whether they should fix this issue for free? Who should I talk to? Any official department who deals with things like this to help customers with problems.

I heard that I can pay but with some official complaint, I do not know what we call this.

Rgds

Wojciech

hi WOJCIECH

1. First time I had water in ventilation using aircon during hot days. ---> THE DRAIN TUBE IS SUSPECTED TO BE CLOGGED;

2. I could hear strange noise when I was turning left or right.

They have found that one of the pipes was blocked so the water has to condensate somewhere.----> THIS CONDENSATE IS BEING COLLECTED UNDER EVAPORATOR LOCATED UNDER DASHBOARD. IT IS NORMAL DUE TO AIR WATER VAPOURS ARE CONDENSED ON THE EVAPORATOR COOLING SURFACE AND COLLECTED --- YOU COULD OBSERVE THAT AFTER THE CAR IS STOPPED THE CONDENSATE IS BEING DRAINED UNDER THE CAR ENGINE ROOM;

3. Obviously they have did not charge me for first repair due that it was evidently their fault but now I believe manager says it is not their fault and they want to charge me.----> YOU HAVE TO COLLECT ALL PAYMENT CHEQUES TO ARISE A CLAIM. EACH WORK PERFORMED IS UNDERSTOOD TO BE UNDER WARRANTY PROVIDED WITH ALL PAYMENT CHEQUES. YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO THEM THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DEFENCE YOURSELF -- OTHERWISE THEY WILL PLAY WITH YOU AND SPICULATE ETC

Cheers/Igor

Was it a Toyota dealer

HI,

No it was my local garage.

rgds

Wojciech

Was it a Toyota dealer

HI,

No it was my local garage.

rgds

Wojciech

OK try again was it a Toyota dealer

Hi Guys

Rgds

Wojciech

hi WOJCIECH

1. First time I had water in ventilation using aircon during hot days. ---> THE DRAIN TUBE IS SUSPECTED TO BE CLOGGED;

They have found that one of the pipes was blocked so the water has to condensate somewhere.----> THIS CONDENSATE IS BEING COLLECTED UNDER EVAPORATOR LOCATED UNDER DASHBOARD. IT IS NORMAL DUE TO AIR WATER VAPOURS ARE CONDENSED ON THE EVAPORATOR COOLING SURFACE AND COLLECTED --- YOU COULD OBSERVE THAT AFTER THE CAR IS STOPPED THE CONDENSATE IS BEING DRAINED UNDER THE CAR ENGINE ROOM;

3. Obviously they have did not charge me for first repair due that it was evidently their fault but now I believe manager says it is not their fault and they want to charge me.----> YOU HAVE TO COLLECT ALL PAYMENT CHEQUES TO ARISE A CLAIM. EACH WORK PERFORMED IS UNDERSTOOD TO BE UNDER WARRANTY PROVIDED WITH ALL PAYMENT CHEQUES. YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO THEM THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO DEFENCE YOURSELF -- OTHERWISE THEY WILL PLAY WITH YOU AND SPICULATE ETC

Cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks for answer

So basically saying I have to collect all info about why is it happening and urgue with them?

By mean payment cheques you mean all payment which I have done to them and for what.

I would like to know also who should i quote during conversatin with them so they know I'm not easy to be cheat.

Rgds

Woj

no it was a car sales place in swindon, they keep saying they will get back to me but dont, .

Hi Guys

Rgds

Wojciech

hi WOJCIECH

Cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks for answer

So basically saying I have to collect all info about why is it happening and urgue with them?

By mean payment cheques you mean all payment which I have done to them and for what.

I would like to know also who should i quote during conversatin with them so they know I'm not easy to be cheat.

Rgds

Woj

hi Woj

-- By mean payment cheques you mean all payment which I have done to them and for what ---> YES SURE THE JOB IN QUSTION MUST BE TYPED ON THIS DOC. --- EACH JOBE DONE IS UNDERSTOOD COVERED BY A WARRANTY AND IT IS GOOD LEVEL TO INFLUENCE ON THEM.

Normally I do store all payment docs from my side and MrT knows it well :) -- as to me -- I use two official dialers here and can chose one of them where the price is cheapper.

---I would like to know also who should i quote during conversatin with them so they know I'm not easy to be cheat ----> you should talk to CR&CS Manager or local dealership Gen.Manager. FYI -- CR&CS Manager is responsible for submitting a report each month about job with clients or statistics of claims arised from clients etc. Another way -- each official (!!!) dealer has a stand with confidential envelopes of both red and green coloured where the client can put a confidential comments about their service. These envelopes are posted to the Central office of Toyota in GB etc.

Good luck

Igor

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

My car was repaired in my local garage but not Toyota garage.

I have taken back my car from the garage and I have had a chat with a manager.He said that it looks like the drian pipe from aircon getting blocked by some dirt or something else.They have cleaned the pipe but he said that this must to float inside the heater(system) and they can not removed it just like that.

This is not a good news.Is there any other methods to clean the system?

They have not charge me for this fix.

Thanks for your help guys.

Wojciech

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

I have taken back my car from the garage and I have had a chat with a manager.He said that it looks like the drian pipe from aircon getting blocked by some dirt or something else.They have cleaned the pipe but he said that this must to float inside the heater(system) and they can not removed it just like that.

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech

It is understood you are talking about the drain pipe that is designed/mounted under the evaporator to have a condensate drainied -- correct???

Besides - whether or not they said to you how did they cllean this pipe ? - Mechanicaly by a simple wire or with with tube brush mounted on the wire?

The best result might be obtained to use special tube brush (it is available on the market with difer outer dias) -- this brush wires "hairs" enable to crumb mechanical deposits floated to conver them into a small parts resulting their draining out with condensate. But the task it to locate this pipe by your side.

You will have to pereodically clean this pipe manually to be sure condensate is normally drained.

Good luck/Igor

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech

It is understood you are talking about the drain pipe that is designed/mounted under the evaporator to have a condensate drainied -- correct???

Besides - whether or not they said to you how did they cllean this pipe ? - Mechanicaly by a simple wire or with with tube brush mounted on the wire?

The best result might be obtained to use special tube brush (it is available on the market with difer outer dias) -- this brush wires "hairs" enable to crumb mechanical deposits floated to conver them into a small parts resulting their draining out with condensate. But the task it to locate this pipe by your side.

You will have to pereodically clean this pipe manually to be sure condensate is normally drained.

Good luck/Igor

Hi Igor,

Yes I meant the drain pipe under.

They have used a wire to clean this but problem is that they have pushed this in not out so it will happen again soon or later.

I will have a look for this special brush to do this myself. Do you know any specific one I could buy?

Thanks again mate.

Rgds

Wojciech

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech

Good luck/Igor

Hi Igor,

They have used a wire to clean this but problem is that they have pushed this in not out so it will happen again soon or later.

I will have a look for this special brush to do this myself. Do you know any specific one I could buy?

Thanks again mate.

Rgds

Wojciech

hello again

i am afraid but chemical acid is prohibited for both safety reasons and to prevent acid to eat the same pipe (the raw material is unknown).

As to this condenser tube brush ---- please comunicate with refrigerator engineers in your area or even in ship repair yard close to you. These brushes are normally used to clean a package of tubes on each industrial/ship's condenser. This brush is round shaped (let say roughly) butu have a cylindrical shape, as well. The outer dia must be a bot more than your tube to reach good cleaning effect - you ve caught me.

Try the above and revert. I understand that the best way is to find this tube beginiing end from the salon but it is creasy job to dismantle dashboard.

By the way -- whether local toyota has recommended anything to you?

Cheers/Igor

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech

Good luck/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks again mate.

Rgds

Wojciech

hello again

i am afraid but chemical acid is prohibited for both safety reasons and to prevent acid to eat the same pipe (the raw material is unknown).

As to this condenser tube brush ---- please comunicate with refrigerator engineers in your area or even in ship repair yard close to you. These brushes are normally used to clean a package of tubes on each industrial/ship's condenser. This brush is round shaped (let say roughly) butu have a cylindrical shape, as well. The outer dia must be a bot more than your tube to reach good cleaning effect - you ve caught me.

Try the above and revert. I understand that the best way is to find this tube beginiing end from the salon but it is creasy job to dismantle dashboard.

Cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks fot this.

So far my car was not maintained in Toyota garage but my local car garage.

They have told me that they would have to remove the “heater” which is under the dash board and clean inside to be sure but this is a whole day work at least and it probably cost me a lot of money as well. I have not been in contact with Toyota garage regards this issue yet.

Do you think they would be more helpful?

Rgds

Wojciech

Hi Guys

Quick clarification,

Wojciech

Hi Wojciech

Good luck/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks again mate.

Rgds

Wojciech

hello again

Cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks fot this.

So far my car was not maintained in Toyota garage but my local car garage.

They have told me that they would have to remove the “heater” which is under the dash board and clean inside to be sure but this is a whole day work at least and it probably cost me a lot of money as well. I have not been in contact with Toyota garage regards this issue yet.

Do you think they would be more helpful?

Rgds

Wojciech

Wojciech / Igor

Hi

Look - Toyota is the last chance when you have lost a hope - -I reallyl know what does it mean when you are disable and feel like a fool :)

For sure Toyota know it well -- they know how to dismantle dashboard with minor wastes. Sometime i have been closing my eyes on their prices and after i forgot either major issue at all -- it safes your nervous (health). You should evaluate what is better for you. But I really do not believe the upper end of this tube can not be found. May be it is vissible from glooves compartment? I am not sure , so far. .Try all the ways , even try to have a wire with end hook shaped end and insert it having rotated -- may be this will give a good result. Try this - non way back. Good luck to you/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links