Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Cost Variations

billsinc

I got three prices from three different Toyota dealers to service my 1.8TR, 20K/2 year service

1. £273.

2. £203 but discounted to £170

3. £169.

How much to you pay?

I had the big service + front pads + the MOT for £200 , I dont go anywhere near Toyota dealers , as long as the service man uses Toyota parts the warranty will be intact .

Can't understand how the prices vary so much. Would have thought Toyota would have had some sort of fixed-price system in operation, or at least some kind of control over their dealer charges. After all, the 'wrong' price quoted to a potential Toyota customer could put them off the brand for a long time, nothing spreads as fast as bad news.

We shouldn't have to go around ringing 3 or 4 dealers for quotes each time our cars need some attention.

got told by my main dealer its £95 per hour , %$( me i thought bmw ownership was expensive , its looking like my old e36 coupe was cheaper to run ..and better built and thought out as well.. once you have serviced a bmw yourself you will wonder what the hell all the other manufacturers are playing at.

I got three prices from three different Toyota dealers to service my 1.8TR, 20K/2 year service

1. £273.

2. £203 but discounted to £170

3. £169.

How much to you pay?

It's not just Toyota dealers whose charges vary. I previously had a Citroen and first service quotes from three dealers ten miles apart were £180, £140 and £110. It may all depend on their overheads and that includes all of those people in the sales dept. who never seem to be doing much.

Fitter.

Got a price of £245 for 20K service for a 1.8 T3-X auto. plus £54 for MOT from Toyota. Brake fluid change was included in £245!! Independent wants £172.50 for service, but probably doesn't include brake fluid change. Kwik-Fit want £169 for service and MOT.

Some dealers use a different schedule to others and it depends on the service frequency. I had a long chat with one local toyota garage. they said that they had two different schedules they could use. one for a high annual mileage car which toyota recognised would not need a full full service a couple of times a year.

When he then showed me the actual schedule of work the difference was an air filter! (approx £15)

Since the quoted hours for the service was less then the quote was lower.

The next stop is to ask for discount.

I always ask for their "best price" and always save money.

example - girlfriend just had her cambelt service - quoted £485 but then discounted to £399. Also needed front discs and pads and that was quoted at £230 (which is a standard toyota price displayed on the wall at the dealership). I then said you gave me discount on the service - how much discount on the brakes - they knocked £50 off immediatey

Its easy - everyone should do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links