Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Connection

daxsmum

Hi - can anyone out there help me please - have just bought a 2005 Avensis with the built in sat nav on the pop up dash screen - I also have a lovely iPod classic - is there a way to marry the two together! I have tried the cassette option which was useless, have also tried the plug in belkin option which tunes to a spare FM frequency - fine in my local area but useless when I move away from the area. I used to have a DICE iPod kit which plugged into the back of the stereo in my old car (VW Passatt) which worked perfectly but apparently because I have the built in sat nav I can't have the same set up now. I could buy a complete new stereo for around £800 but don't want to spend that sort of money. There must be an easier and cheaper option which would enable me to play my iPod through my stereo, isn't there? Have even thought about disabling the sat nav altogether as I already have a Tom Tom. Any ideas anyone please?

Did the Avensis come with a CD changer option? If so who made the CD changer?

The factory CD changer in mine was a BMW branded alpine unit (as with many cars it used the "M bus" system to connect/control it.

I bought a device called an Intravee II (like the dice system but better!) which takes the M bus signals and converts them to Alpine AI-net. you can then plug in any AI- net device in, in my case the Alpine iPod controller and voila, full iPod control, full track information, searching etc and full quality sound (as opposed to dodgy transmitters and tape deck converters)

If does mean that I lost my CD changer, but the iPod takes waaaaaay more than 6 CDs worth, and if I really wanted I could buy a converter and (AI net switch) and run a CD changer, USB/card reader etc etc from using it it looks factory, steering wheel controls still work etc. - not bad for £150.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links