Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Fob Resetting Help Needed Please

Bluefin

I need to resset the Key Fob on a 94 Landcruiser.

I left the ignition switched on by mistake and the Battery went flat. Charged the Battery up, but now the car wont recognise the key fob, so it wont turn off the immobiliser.

The key fob is rectangular and has two buttons black to open and shut doors, and a red one.

If anyone can advise what I need to do, Id be really gratefull, as vehicle is unusable.

cheers

Kev

Depends on what alarm you have, so have a look at the fob or any other info, you also could try pressing both buttons at the same time for a few seconds, this has worked for other people.

Depends on what alarm you have, so have a look at the fob or any other info, you also could try pressing both buttons at the same time for a few seconds, this has worked for other people.

Andy, thanks for your reply, its the original model '5000' alarm.

I found the booklet for the alarm, and it says press and hold down the open/close button for a few seconds, and it will re synchronise itself.

This doesnt work. Tried it a few times.

Put new Battery in the Fob just in case and tried again a few times, still no joy.

Anyone got any other ideas please ?

Tried Toyota dealers, but they basically said 'Its over ten years old, so we dont know' very helpful indeed !

The system you have sounds like the old scorpion 913 unit, these are a pain when the Battery fails or goes flat as they are prone to knacker up, never been able to resink these,we used to fit a replacement unit which was cheap but now the company has gone out of trading so you are stuck with a few options , remotes are coded to the box from new so no recoding is possible, so depending whats fitted to your vehicle just the alarm or the alarm and immobilizer unit, you need to find the alarm unit, it is a black box possibly behind the glove box it has 913 on it,coming out of this is a white wire, see if it is connected to another box, this will be the immo box, if the white wire is not connected then you only have the alarm unit, its only a a case of rejoining the the two crank wires together and disconnect the indicators wires,about a hours work for a spark, I'll get you the color of the wires if you want need to ref my notes tomorrow.

regards,

Hedley.

Thanks guys for all your replied so far.

We have now tried the various combinations of disconnecting Battery / dome fuse / holding buttons down etc and nothing has made a difference.

Ive come to the conclusion that I need to disconect the alarm / immobiliser and dispense with it altogether, as it seems to be US.

Removed glove box and speaker.

This reveals two boxes.

First has 901T on it - has 8 black wires coming out of it.

Second has 918T on it - has 20 wires coming out of it, and a bank of 5 fuses attached. This one clicks when the hazards flash.

These two boxes are joined together by 4 wires white / black / red / blue and white

Can someone identify what Im looking at here please.

Annyone tell me how to dissable the immobiliser so I can use this car ?

Thanks, I appreciate the help

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links