Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights

gaz01

ok been reading up on the site about headlights melting on the back, had a look at mine because the near side light didnt look right sure enough it had the melt.phoned toyota because i read on here about the extended warranty going to 5 yrs or a 100,000 mile,as mine is a t3-s 2003 but has less than 100,000 on the clock i thought great i,ll get it fixed free happy days.BUT they tried to say at first it was still only 3 yrs then said it was 5 year warranty or 100,000 miles WHICH EVER COMES FIRST bo"?:ks is this true or are they telling porkies any info much appreciated

Warranty is always 'whichever comes first'.

Standard Toyota warranty is 3 yrs or 60,000 miles.

Headlights on these are 5 years OR 100,000 miles whichever comes first.

Mart.

Yes, I agree with Mart. However, you could try the "only just out of warranty " ploy, "common fault" etc, and appeal to Mr T's better nature for a possible goodwill contribution. Worth a try.

Yes, I agree with Mart. However, you could try the "only just out of warranty " ploy, "common fault" etc, and appeal to Mr T's better nature for a possible goodwill contribution. Worth a try.

Should Mr.T's mechanic's not check this during the service?

If it is a common fault, you would assume this would be looked at during each service.

I suppose they won't want to find it, as it will cost Mr.T money.

Gary

Should Mr.T's mechanic's not check this during the service?

If it is a common fault, you would assume this would be looked at during each service.

I suppose they won't want to find it, as it will cost Mr.T money.

Gary

not true i would want to find it as it gives the tec time and the time you get for changing the head lights is 1.3 hours a side.and its not as simple as finding it on a service on a service you check the lights work and if they work end off, but a mot is a diff story burn headlight mountings will show up as having no beam patteren.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links