Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going To The Darker Side :)

rickers

Hiy Guys and Gals;

As I feel that my trusty Mark II comes to it's end :( I am looking for another car, which prefarably has to be something a bit different, and what has caught my eye is a Scooby Leggy (sounds like talladega nights this LOL). The one i'm after is aeither the 2 or 2.5 ltr, not the three for economy reasons.

My new job is only 6 miles away so I can live with a similar economy to my Mark II of low 30's. Although in due time this job will move about 40 miles away, and I am considering LPG then.

What I woudl like to know if any on this forum have heard any horror stories or down sides. I have tried the Lagacy forum, but it sounds there that they all fit 5 turbo's etc, and then complain that the diff explodes:).

I am aware that maintenance might be higher, and there are few dealers. I have one localish, and one 30 miles away, and so far they have been rubbish, and am looking to use my own garage.

your comments please, thanks

rick

btw, I have no interest in modding my leggy when i buy one so please dont tempt me :) :thumbsup:

Around the late 90s Subaru had issues with head gaskets on the 2.5 Legacys (and other vehicles fitted with 2.5 engines) - also around the same time they had issues with pistons - they changed them to make the cars more refined :angry: unfortunatley they start knocking at big miles. You should enquire with some of the Subaru forums to see if these issues were sorted on later cars - and if earlier cars with the issues can be cured (ie have later spec parts fitted). I remember reading somewhere that the head gasket issues occoured mainly on what they (as in the so called Subaru experts) call a phase 1 EJ 25 (take no notice of the EJ 25 bit - the 25 relates to the engine size of 2.5 litres - and as far as i can see Subaru use the EJ code on all their engines) - and later bought out a phase 2 engine (but i don't know exactly when or if it fully addressed the issue. Try some of the american Subaru websites - although be warned they were somewhat depressing and i suspect - make the problems seem worse then they are - as does honest john.

Red diesel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links