Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anybody Done?

IrishRob

I am looking for some specific info on what people have fitted to their aygo. I am looking at fitting some 15 inch wheels with a 195 50 tyre, can anybody tell me if they have done this and weather or not the wheel is still free all round. tying to find what are the largest 195 tyres i can fit to 15 inch wheels so I can fill up that arch a bit. please help.

The recomended tire size for 15" wheels is 195/45. If you increase the diameter of te wheel pass the stock diameter, your acceleration will suck, there will be some nasty rubbing when going over speed bumps and you will scrue up your speedometer.

Right so, point taken, guess it will be the 45 and lower it at some point in the future. thanks very much.

I have Lenso RS5's on my Aygo; 195/45/15 :)

I have lowered my car by....... putting a meaty sub in the boot which weighs the average of two people and therfore had no boot :)

Cheaper :D

I have Lenso RS5's on my Aygo; 195/45/15 :)

I have lowered my car by....... putting a meaty sub in the boot which weighs the average of two people and therfore had no boot :)

Cheaper :D

Now that sounds like a plan to me! Who needs a boot when you have a back seat? :)

The best wheel size is 6.5x15" - ET (offset) between 35-43 - PCD 4x100 - wheelcenter size 54.1mm.

The best tire size is 195/45/15.

The best wheel size is 6.5x15" - ET (offset) between 35-43 - PCD 4x100 - wheelcenter size 54.1mm.

The best tire size is 195/45/15.

Cool, saves some expensive trial and error. Thanks very much.

Don't go for a 43 offset, even 40 offset makes the left wheel rub occassionally on this size, though it is only on full lock and barely. Try and stick for below 40 for a 6.5 inch wheel. If you are going the more popular 7 inch wheel then make sure it is less than 35, closer to 30 would be spot on.

Really though look for light weight, heavier wheels on standard suspension make it a lot more clunky as the tail wags the dog to some extent.

A good list of wheel weights is here.

http://www.wheelweights.net/

15x6.5 Volk CE28N = 3.7kg or 14.8kg in total

15x6.5 Mille Miglia Avia = 10.0 or 40kg in total.

25kg extra to lug around, like a full boot of shopping! And of course it is unsprung weight as well. Mind you the CE28N's are not the cheapest.

Regards

Andy

500$ each is anything but cheap...

Save yourself some cash and buy some other brand, maybe OZ ultralegerra series...

Anyway, I have offset 38 on 195/45 R15, 6.5J and guess what? It still rubs (rarely). I think ET 37 is ideal.

I have some Yaris T-Sport (6 spoke) wheels from my old Yaris that I will be fitting to my 'Blue' once I can afford some 195/45/15's for em.

Just a quick suspension question, does anyone know if KYB shocks are classed as performance/aftermarket or OEM quality. I've just noticed they have some TwinTube Gas 'Excel G' front & rears for the Aygo, in their catalogue.

Anyone have any experiences with this brand?

Cheers in advanced

Don't go for a 43 offset, even 40 offset makes the left wheel rub occassionally on this size, though it is only on full lock and barely. Try and stick for below 40 for a 6.5 inch wheel. If you are going the more popular 7 inch wheel then make sure it is less than 35, closer to 30 would be spot on.

Really though look for light weight, heavier wheels on standard suspension make it a lot more clunky as the tail wags the dog to some extent.

A good list of wheel weights is here.

http://www.wheelweights.net/

15x6.5 Volk CE28N = 3.7kg or 14.8kg in total

15x6.5 Mille Miglia Avia = 10.0 or 40kg in total.

25kg extra to lug around, like a full boot of shopping! And of course it is unsprung weight as well. Mind you the CE28N's are not the cheapest.

Regards

Andy

Thanks very much, that should be a very usefull link. both it and your advice are much appreciated.

Cheers man.

I found this picture on the web last year, to be honest it did inspire me further to buy an Aygo even further, iv wanted one since they came out.

post-82842-1251926650_thumb.jpg

Has anybody seen these seats anywhere for sale? They look like they would make a very tasty addition to the car.

Hope ye can help.

This car is owned by a member of our Dutch forum and AFAIK these are the original

seats with custom sewn and embossed leather covers instead of the cloth covers...

I remember seeing that car too, think it looks great. Please pass on my regards to his tasteful conversion Jan to them. The seats and colour remind me of a Bentley! Mini Bentley of course.

Regards

Andy

This car is owned by a member of our Dutch forum and AFAIK these are the original

seats with custom sewn and embossed leather covers instead of the cloth covers...

Interesting, I will have to have a word with our leatherworkers in work and see if they fancy a challenge, those seats do set the car off very nicely.

All aftermarket bits and bobs make Aygos look chavvy. They always look silly with big rims and Halfords lights.

I wouldn't bother with modifying the car exterior unless I had at least 150bhp under the bonnet.

But it's my opinion. I used to modify all my cars and I'm going to do it in the future when I buy a proper car.. but I keep my Aygo standard.

All aftermarket bits and bobs make Aygos look chavvy. They always look silly with big rims and halfords lights.

I wouldn't bother with modifying the car exterior unless I had at least 150bhp under the bonnet.

But it's my opinion. I used to modify all my cars and I'm going to do it in the future when I buy a proper car.. but I keep my Aygo standard.

You'll be missing out on a car that rips around corners then, at least in respect to the wheels and tyres! Nice choice of bike by the way, I learnt on an old Honda XL125 and wished I had the Honda or Aprilia race rep.

Regards

Andy

:meet: Chavvy eh! Suppose your calling most folks cars here chavvy :) :beer:

It's not only Aygos.. also Corsas, Fiestas, Saxos etc look chavvy with big rims and crappy aftermarket lights.. After all they all are povetry spec cars.

Only my 2p, don't kill me here :lol:

You'll be missing out on a car that rips around corners then, at least in respect to the wheels and tyres! Nice choice of bike by the way, I learnt on an old Honda XL125 and wished I had the Honda or Aprilia race rep.

RS125 is a great little bike.. I'm really happy with it.. I'd like to have 2nd bigger bike though.. I'm saving for ZX6R or R6 :)

It's not only Aygos.. also Corsas, Fiestas, Saxos etc look chavvy with big rims and crappy aftermarket lights.. After all they all are povetry spec cars.

Only my 2p, don't kill me here :lol:

I think its only chavvy if its done in poor taste, which can be true of any car not just small ones, Its adding a bit of your own personality. doesnt matter if its not rocket fast so long as it makes ya smile.

It's just like wearing clothes. Life would be broing if we all dressed the same and every likes to thinks they have their

own unique style, so this reflects in people's cars, homes, hairstyles, etc....

Each to their own.

It's just like wearing clothes. Life would be broing if we all dressed the same

Makes me think of "Equilibrium", the movie starring Christian Bale...

Eventually individuality wins there too :D

Hopefully somebody could help me again, as I said Im changing my wheels but I am looking for somwhere I could get my old ons repaired, I'm having trouble finding anybody who will make a good job of it in ths Cheshire area, Any suggestions please?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links