Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Lc To Go For?

Nightstalker

which LC should one go for  

7 members have voted

1. 1. which LC should one go for

• LC3
    • LC4
    • LC5

Hi all.... :D

After a short trip to Lego Land with 3 kids in the back of our Rav we have realised that the Rav 4.3 does fit 3 kid seats across the back seat however it is very cramped and even more awkward to get to the belt release clips with the seats fitted... So we will be on the market for a LC very soon...

I'd like to find out which is the better LC spec to go for?? I've been looking at the LC4 and 5s but would'nt mind finding out about the LC3's unfortunately when I go to my local MR Ts he never has LC3s in they are always 4s and 5s.. I know there is an invinvible spec out there but that would be out of our budget...

So I put this poll to you all...

Please help me choose which one is best and explain why. For those with the LC3s -hows the wear and tear on the cloth trim??

If any of yous had niggles of any kind I would also be very interested in hearing about those... ;)

regards

Rob

B)

we used to have 4.3 2.2 d4d. rav .faster more econimical & handled better. needed larger car to tow larger caravan

lc4 auto works well .low range gear for reversing uphill. leather. sat nav . under floor full size alloy spare wheel.

servicing no more expensive than rav .tyres last longer & no more expensive (unlike t180) lc4 in larger numbers

esp auto should resale easier + so reliable unlike L. R. disco

Cheers for that, :thumbsup:

At least one LC driver who's chatty enough to let one know...

In regards to the RAV being more economical... I think the LC in my case will be either the same or perhaps better as my RAV is a 2ltr petrol, not to bothered about speed, as long as the LC can easily do between 70-90mph on the motorway I'm happy... Just need to find out about getting 3 kid seats accross the middle row of seats, my local MR T is fresh out of LCs so i've been given a rough months wait unitl I get to see one locally, anyone out there got 3 kids sitting in infant/kid seats in the middle row? Or could someone measure the seat width from one side of the LC to the other I could then compare it to the RAV...

^_^

Regards

Rob

B) .

we used to have 4.3 2.2 d4d. rav .faster more econimical & handled better. needed larger car to tow larger caravan

lc4 auto works well .low range gear for reversing uphill. leather. sat nav . under floor full size alloy spare wheel.

servicing no more expensive than rav .tyres last longer & no more expensive (unlike t180) lc4 in larger numbers

esp auto should resale easier + so reliable unlike L. R. disco

Up until 3 months ago I used to have a 2007 Invincible and that was a really good car that did everything I asked of it.

Frankly my simple advice would be.... buy the most high specification LC you can afford. Obviously the LC4 has more toys, the Invincible more power and the LC5 more everything.

Whatever model you go for I feel sure you will not be disappointed. Good luck with your search and purchase :thumbsup:

Up until 3 months ago I used to have a 2007 Invincible and that was a really good car that did everything I asked of it.

Frankly my simple advice would be.... buy the most high specification LC you can afford. Obviously the LC4 has more toys, the Invincible more power and the LC5 more everything.

Whatever model you go for I feel sure you will not be disappointed. Good luck with your search and purchase :thumbsup:

Thanks for that...

however Im a tad confused... thought the range was LC3 LC4 LC5 and then the Invincible?

I lovr the invincible trim black cherrie wood effect, would like to rip the trim out of thw LC I get and replace it with the dark one.... budget wont stretch 4 an invincible, a LC5 perhaps,LC4 most deffinately...Will hae to see what my local Mr T comes up with which suits my budget, hope the milage wont be tooo high... what would be classed as excessive milage on a 05/55 plate? WOULD IT RELLY MATTER...I mean LCs are solid no?

regards

Rob

B)

How about having a look for the earlier Invincible :huh: Mr T changed the model in 2007.

I had the earlier one.... no rear adjustable suspension-not worth it in my opinion as it is another thing to go wrong. No in-car entertainment-who cares. The simpler turn by turn sat-nav-it works just fine but no pretty colours.

The earlier model still has the chipped ECU which gives out a tad over 200bhp and this is really what makes the car that little better :yes:

How about having a look for the earlier Invincible :huh: Mr T changed the model in 2007.

I had the earlier one.... no rear adjustable suspension-not worth it in my opinion as it is another thing to go wrong. No in-car entertainment-who cares. The simpler turn by turn sat-nav-it works just fine but no pretty colours.

The earlier model still has the chipped ECU which gives out a tad over 200bhp and this is really what makes the car that little better :yes:

I've been looking at LC4/LC5 from 2004-2006 to keep the roadtax under the £400 mark... the Invincible is coming up a tad dear for those years...

LC4/5 are around the 16-19K with an average of around the 50k on the clock... Not too bothered about the extra little BHP, to be honest the ICE would not be needed as we have portable DVD players which would keep the wee-ens happy... so just need the space and relyability... I know the LC5 has the adjustable suspension - again not tooo sure if we would really need it and from what I've read it has caused problems... as my LC would be out of warranty (well after 12mths or buying it from MR T) I would not want to much to go wrong on it...

Anyway, will see what my local MR T sales chap comes up with... just hope it doesn't take tooooo long now that we have made our minds up about trading up from the RAV....

Regards

Rob

B)

LC4 has most of the best features of the LC5, but without the integrated radio and adjustable suspension.

I chose an LC4 because I wanted the ability to upgrade the radio in the future (eg. when DAB becomes more established) and didn't want the potential future cost of the adjustable suspension.

You get the best of both worlds if you find LC4 with the full screen satnav.

Hi

I have the LC4, looked at the LC3 but really wanted leather, and the spare wheel underneath becuase I thought they looked better. Mines the 2005 and has 76,000 on it so far so good no issues, leather on driver seat was replaced at 26,000 but starting to show wear again where its peeling. Now for the question you posed earlier. I have 3 kids, and a 4th one on the way. and the middle row seats are fairly tight for putting all three accross similar to what your RAV is. My youngest is in the maxi cozi bucket seat and we put it in the middle if we need the luggage space in the back, the other two are the booster seats with the backs that clip into the seats sitting on either side and I have to say it can be a pain to buckle in. If I just put them on the base boosters you can swivel them around easier to get the buckle in Therefore we usually put two in the back with the bolsters and built in backs. We have also used the jeep for carrying the inlaws if going on an outing and there is space but its tight when you have 7 or 8 up. However an excellent jeep. I had the avensis verso before it in T Spirit trim it had plenty of space more the LC4 but it was noisy, and dire to drive with poor road handling worst vehicle I've had but great for space. Hope this helps. PS I also got the manual gearbox which I find great. Autos are more plentiful but the manual is slightly cheaper

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links