Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Protectors And Wind Deflectors

johnhrh

Hi Just thought I'd post a company which does the Headlamp Protectors and Wind Deflectors for the Aygo, the company is www.climairuk.com. I've noticed a few members have posted about the headlamp protectors, The Peugeot dealers do the Headlamp protectors but could not be 100% certain they fitted the Aygo.

Also anyone wanting the door protectors for the recess that gets scratched through use when opening the doors, i.e under the door handle, I've just ordered them from the Peugeot dealer and they fitted a treat.

regards

johnhrh :D

Peugeot dealers do the Headlamp protectors but could not be 100% certain they fitted the Aygo.

I'll guarantee you 100% that Peugeot covers will NOT fit an Aygo or C1...

Hi Jan , Yet the company I mentioned in my post has the same reference number for the C1/ Aygo and Peugeot, having said that I would not get the headlamp protectors from Peugeot, the door protectors were only £6 odd so took the chance, the headlamp protectors are much more expensive.

regards

johnhrh

The Aygo's headlights have a "bubble" over them, where the 107 and C1 do not.

On the Aygo and 107 the parklights are located in the main lamp, the C1 has them

in a separate part, ABOVE the main lamp. On the Aygo the turn signal is semi-integrated

into the main lamp, while on a C1 the turnsignal is next to the parklight, atop the

main lamp and a 107 has separate turnsignals in between the main lamps.

The shape and sizes of all three cars' headlights are VERY different, so I don't

believe it possible to make a product that will fit all three in a proper way.

But I wouldn't mind being proven wrong ;)

Hi Jan, I've just looked at my Aygo Bought in the UK last month and it has no bubble , the headlight has a flat surface. I have attached a photo, First time I've done this so I do not know if I have done it the correct way. Are the the headlamps different in the country you come from? I know what you meen by the bubble, my daughter has a Micra, it has a raised part to the headlight.

regards

johnhrh

[a

ttachment=5377:Photo_0011.jpg]

post-81858-1251450627_thumb.jpg

I don't mean the bubble like the Micra has (more of a Frog's Eye)...

On the Aygo you have a black plastic bit with the chromed light-bits on it,

then a lot of air and finally a clear plastic dome/bubble, that's what I mean.

On the C1 ad 107 the lights and chromed bits are allmost touching the clear

plastic in front and the plastic is much flatter and another shape than the Aygo.

Hi Jan, I've kept an eye out for the Citroen and the Peugeot over the last few days and so far only seen the C1, the headlamp does look a different shape. I'm going to order at a later date a pair of Protectors for my car, when i do I will ask the Climair tech dept if there protectors fits all 3 models, as I said in my post when I checked there site it came up with the same part code for all 3 models C1/Aygo and Peugeot, I already have the Wind Deflectors, the C1 and Peugoet are the same but the Aygo was different.

I will post back here when I have fitted them.

regards

johnhrh

E

Thanks for the info on this.

I have been trying for at least the past year to obtain a pair of headlamp protectors for my 2005 Aygo, as I want to attach headlamp beam convertors to them. This means when I take the car over to Europe, which I regularly do, I can simply pop the headlamp protectors on and remove them when I come back to the UK. Instead of that I have to keep buying beam convertors and sticking them on and off all the time.

I have just emailed Climair UK to clarify why their HLC66 code is the same code whether for the Aygo, Citroen and Peugeot when the headlights on these cars appear to be different. I'll post back when I hear from them.

In the meantime if you order them (or if I do), please post back with any photos or issues.

Thanks

Hi Jan, I've kept an eye out for the Citroen and the Peugeot over the last few days and so far only seen the C1, the headlamp does look a different shape. I'm going to order at a later date a pair of Protectors for my car, when i do I will ask the Climair tech dept if there protectors fits all 3 models, as I said in my post when I checked there site it came up with the same part code for all 3 models C1/Aygo and Peugeot, I already have the Wind Deflectors, the C1 and Peugoet are the same but the Aygo was different.

I will post back here when I have fitted them.

regards

johnhrh

E

Can you post some pics of the wind deflectors fitted to your car please?

How do they fit?

Thanks

James

Hi jim, Just noticed your post, will take a photo and post it for you, the wind deflectors i got were from a company in Ireland, cost about £20 less than Climair ( will be using climair for headlamp protectors though) but came with clips, as I had wind deflectors on my two previous cars it didn't put me off. The Climair ones are fitted without clips as far as I can gather from there site, the two cars I had before , a Micra and An Hyundai were fitted under what I would call stress,No clips, they are made exactly to fit snugly in the seal, they are fitted starting from the rear of the door, instructions come with the parts, the ones I fitted were fitted exactly the same but then clips were inserted to hold them firm, They do not interfere with the electric windows, I find them OK, I like the widow slightly open when travelling and they allow air to circulate without getting blown away or wet if its raining.

I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it.

regards

johnhrh

Those look the business.

Do you have a link for where you purchsed them?

Thanks for the pics.

Hi Jim, here is the company i got my Deflectors from http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/proddetails.a...20&pk=7B374 the service i received was excellent, only took a few days but be sure to check the contents when they arrived, they have to be signed for, I got parcel-force lad to wait while I checked they were OK. If i had the extra money i might have gone for the Climair product, because I used twice before, but decided to give the others a go, as it happens they are just what I wanted, I think mine came to just over £40, they are £34-24p plus P and P.

Anyway have a look at the site and see what you think.

regards

johnhrh

Hi jim, Read this before you make up your mind ,I was just looking around the accessory sites and came across this one, its actually cheaper than Climair, according to the site they supply climair wind deflectors, Just over £47 delivered. Here is the link for you http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/pr...hp?section=3261

regards

johnhrh

No go on the headlamp protectors I'm afraid. Below is the email back from Climair UK:

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have spoken to the factory and unfortunately there was an error in the listing.

Headlamp covers are not available for the Aygo and we will correct our Website listing.

Thanks for trying us.

Graham

CLIMAIR UK LTD

Hi Rencar, well that's a blow, cant understand why they have the Aygo on there site, surely they would have had someone in past ask the same question, the Aygo has been out for a few years now. I don't know who makes the Peugeot ones than ,unless Peugeot themselves have produced them, you would think Toyota would get round to it.

Jan stated that there would be problems, that's why I have had a look at the C1 and Peugeot headlights and they do look different to the Aygo so he was right on that score.

I'll keep looking for a set because I wanted a set for my car.

regards

johnhrh

hi rencar, I have just done another search and came across this site, I have contacted them to ask if they do the headlamp protectors for the Aygo, as far as I can see at the site they are manufactured by EGR, so I take it not by Climair, any way here is the site http://gbdriver.co.uk, when they get back to me I will let you know.

regards

johnhrh

hi rencar, I have just done another search and came across this site, I have contacted them to ask if they do the headlamp protectors for the Aygo, as far as I can see at the site they are manufactured by EGR, so I take it not by Climair, any way here is the site http://gbdriver.co.uk, when they get back to me I will let you know.

regards

johnhrh

I contacted the above company about 8 months ago. Unfortunately they couldn't help back then

I contacted EGR back in Feb 2008 (a helpful chap called Andi Wilmott - Aftersales Manager) and he said that they 'unfortunately do not manufacture headlamp protectors for the Aygo'. I had already bought a set of EGR headlamp protectors for my Grand Scenic (from Formula 4x4 in the UK).

Its very frustrating, as I only want a set of them so that when I take my Aygo over to Europe, I can pop on the headlamp protectors with beam deflectors permanently fitted. I can then just remove them when I come back to the UK. Saves a fortune and is far less fiddly (particularly when its raining at the Channel Tunnel)!!

I can highly recommend the EGR protectors and Formula 4x4 to get them from. The details fron last year were :

Formula 4 on 01785 811211 or email: info@formula4.co.uk Web: www.formula4x4.com

Please do let us know if you find any update to the situation.

Hi, that's a bit of a one then, I put in details of my car and it looked as if they would supply, I wonder at which point I would have found out that they do not do them, I would have thought that when putting in details it would have come back not available, I cannot understand Climair either having a part number for a part they do not do.

I will keep on looking anyway but it sounds as if its a lost cause.

regards

johnhrh

Hello everyone, Had word back from EGR, As you said they do not supply the Aygo protectors, here is a copy of the response quote

Hi John

Sorry, none available for the Aygo.

Thanks

Dan

TOYOTA/LEXUS AURIS HATCH 2007- EGR1058

AVENSIS 1998-99 EGR1034

AVENSIS 2000-2002 EGR1036

AVENSIS 2003-2005 EGR1047

AVENSIS 2006- EGR1054

CAMRY 1997-2001 EGR1031

CAMRY 2002- *Euro clips* 2002-2003 EGR1046

CAMRY 2004-2005 EGR1051

CAMRY 2006- EGR1053

CARINA 1988-91 EGR1008

CARINA E 1992- EGR1020

CELICA 1994- EGR1037

COROLLA 2000-2001 EGR1040

COROLLA HATCH 2002-2003 EGR1042

COROLLA SEDAN / WAGON 2002-2003 EGR1041

COROLLA HATCH 2004- EGR1050

COROLLA SEDAN / WAGON 2004-2005 EGR1049

COROLLA SEDAN 2007- EGR1059

HIACE 1996- EGR1027

LEXUS IS200 1999- EGR1045

LEXUS LS400 1990-95 EGR1013

PICNIC 1997- EGR1032

STARLET 3/5DR 1996-99 EGR1029

YARIS 1999-2002 EGR1038

YARIS 2003-2004 EGR1048

YARIS 2005- EGR1052

As you can see it looks as if they cover most of the range but not the Aygo, I have included the list in ca anyone needs it. I will keep on looking for them but I'm not holding my breath.

regards

johnhrh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links