Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nigeria Conman...again!

toyboata

Got this email today - made me smile at the new angle of attack their taking here..

----------------------

Attn: My Dear,

I am Mrs Cynthia Patrick, I am a UK citizen, 49 years Old. I reside here in fairley way

cheshunt. My residential address is as follows. 18 fairley way cheshunt herts en76lg,

fairley way cheshunt, United Kingdom, am thinking of relocating since I am now rich. I am

one of those that took part in the Compensation in Nigeria many years ago and they refused

to pay me, I had paid over $28,000 while in the UK, trying to get my payment all to no

avail.

So I decided to travel down to Nigeria with all my compensation documents, And I was

directed to meet Mr. Barrister

, who is the member of COMPENSATION AWARD

COMMITTEE, and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is

contacting us through emails are fake.

Compensation payment. Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have

received my compensation funds of $500,000.00 Moreover, Barrister Clinton Samuel, showed me

the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your name as

one of the beneficiaries, and your email address, that is why I decided to email you to stop

dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of

you. I will advise you to contact Barrister Clinton Samuel.

He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensated Funds

You have to contact him directly on this information below.

COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE

Name : Mr. Barrister Clinton Samuel

Email: clintonsamuel1@hotmail.com

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you

that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage

of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing.

The only money I paid after I met Barrister Clinton Samuel was just $380 for the paper

works, take note of that.

Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Barrister

Clinton Samuel so that he can help you to Deliver your fund instead of dealing with those liars that

will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction.

Thank You and Be Blessed.

Mrs. Cynthia Patrick.

----------------------------------

Nice try but no cigar, PUNK :P

They seem to have omitted to inform me of the money which is rightfully mine & lying there, just waiting for me. :crybaby: It is years since I've heard from them. :(

I actually know of a genuinely nice & intelligent man here in my town [know him personally]. He is a qualified Engineeer with his own business.

He fell for it , has lost his business, his home & is now living in a BedSit on Social welfare :ffs: Couldn't believe it that he had fallen for it. :o

The above attempt is a new angle & a bit more subtle.

The last one I got gave me 3 options :rolleyes:

1 Give them my Bank details [naturally :lol:]

2 Bank details & receive a Bank Draft

3 Go out in person & receive the money

I must admit that option 3 made me think a bit. Trip to Nigeria & hire a Solicitor if there was any aggro. Commonsense prevailed :thumbsup:

I've had someone try to nab my Hotmail account details. I have deleted the e-mail he sent me, but this is what I wrote back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: leckmalone@hotmail.com

Hello,

I'm writing in reference to an e-mail that was sent to me today requesting that I send personal information back to the sender, you.

Though I am very keen to keep my Hotmail account, I do not trust the sender to be the genuine article. My reasoning behind this is when I typed my Password, It wasn't hidden to whomever would receive the e-mail, which in my eyes was very unprofessional and immediatly dispelled any trust that I had towards the sender, and didn't put my mind at rest about the sender trying to access my account without my permission.

It is because of the above that I will not verify my account via a reply to the e-mail, but I would be more than happy to reply to a letter sent to my house address, which hasn't changed since the account was created.

I'm sorry if I have caused any inconvenience, but I am very wary of sending my information to people who don't seem professional or whom I don't know.

Yours Faithfully,

Kynan Parris-Jones

Best practise, in my opinion, is don't even open them if you are suspicious, let alone reply. Be doubly wary if there is an attachment.

I have a phishing detector on one of my Protectors, so that is probably why I don't get them any more. Mind you, I do get e-mails from Banks I have never dealt with,& they get deleted immediately.

I did get a couple by snail mail telling me I had won a large amount in a Spanish Lottery for which I hadn't purchased tickets. I was in 2 minds about that one, having a friend in Spain, but she would have held the tickets. Googled it & naturally, a scam. :angry:

I actually know of a genuinely nice & intelligent man here in my town [know him personally]. He is a qualified Engineeer with his own business.

He fell for it , has lost his business, his home & is now living in a BedSit on Social welfare :ffs: Couldn't believe it that he had fallen for it. :o

I my god - thats terrible! feel sorry for the guy...

I also get many emails from "banks" i have never had an account with "please confirm your details"

occasionally i take a look at their fake websites, i have to say, some of them are amazingly accurate to the real thing!

never fell for one yet but then i'm computer/internet savy - but for those who arnt - its such an easy trap!

I've becoming a bit of a hoax/phishing/scam queen and can easily tell you what emails and real and which are hoaxes.... what annoys me the most is the scaremongering epidemics.... virus ones are the most annoying, because people are genuinely afraid of them and believe that by sending these emails they're helping friends and family, when in actual fact you're not, because they just don't exist! A quick Google search will tell you everything you need to know. I always say, if you're unsure, Google it!

My personal favourites are the ones like 'Hotmail will charge you £50 a year unless you send this email to 50 friends'.... like seriously, because Hotmail know exactly how many emails you've forwarded and will know you haven't sent it to 50 friends and will charge you..... think of these things logically and you'll realise they're absolutely fake! :rolleyes:

Right, I'm now off to send Cynthia Patrick some money!! :lol: See you all when I'm rich! :P

LOL

I used to get the ones that said hotmail are going to start charging for email & MSN - of course - unless you send this email to all your friends, and click this link....

DELETE! :lol:

Reading these emails is always good for a laugh, I wonder if anything has happened to the person who does live at that address tho - it is a real one according to google maps :o

lol - i did have a look on multimap and it is an actual postcode -- but i'm sure you could find one just by random guessing - theres a lot of postcodes out there, all with a standard format.

You have to be thick as a brick to send them anything.

Boy this is a bunch of Horse S@#$, is there anyone on this planet that actually sends money (or bank info) to these guys?!

Here are the judges decisions -

Creativity - 10 This one is up there with the prince one :-)

Persistence - 10

Will it work? - 3 There's always an idiot that will pay.

Style - 2 They had better style on previous versions :-)

Feel free to give you own score, ohh and to send me money cause my aunt is sick.

Have a good one :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links